Builds SAS 89 Mini--Triple cased Mashed Potato

jynx

Turd Herder
SILVER Star
Well sounds like you've been busy. Ive had more than my share of hard starting vehicles.

My old 4Runner was that way. Would cold start like a champ, but if it ran for much time at all, it had a hard time starting, got to where it wouldn't start at all without at least a 30 minute cool down. I ended up replacing the fuel pump before I sold it and it took care of the issue. Didnt make sense since it would start fine. I suspected the pump, but was trying everything to avoid dropping the tank. Might give that a check.

TeddyBoy

Knighted by the King of MUD himself

Well sounds like you've been busy. Ive had more than my share of hard starting vehicles.

My old 4Runner was that way. Would cold start like a champ, but if it ran for much time at all, it had a hard time starting, got to where it wouldn't start at all without at least a 30 minute cool down. I ended up replacing the fuel pump before I sold it and it took care of the issue. Didnt make sense since it would start fine. I suspected the pump, but was trying everything to avoid dropping the tank. Might give that a check.
See that makes no sense to me at all but consistant with many accounts. That said the timing might be just right, getting ready to replace the factory tank with a bed mounted fuel cell. Seems having a fuel tank as the low point of the rig is probably not the best idea and it is the last of the unmodified systems in the rig so might as well get my paws on it.

anyway..
20191006_104150.jpg
20191006_104211.jpg

Last edited:

jynx

Turd Herder
SILVER Star
Very nice sir. And yeah, the hot start and fuel pump made no sense to me either, but like you, I'm out on electrical gremlins. And if you are doing the fuel cell and all, that should take care of your pump anyway.

Top Bottom