Builds SAS 89 Mini--Triple cased Mashed Potato (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is my first thought:

400s-gallery-silo.png

Last edited:
yup, that's a telescopic boom lift or cherry picker by slang name. problem is there's no pavement/gravel ground close enough to the building to make the reach even for a 4wd version.

Not sure what one of those weighs but I'm sure it far exceeds my 10K winch on the tater if it were to get stuck.

I figured you were just thinking about a standard vertical man-lift. But yes, this still probably wouldn't have enough reach anyway.

Scaffolding?

standard vertical man-lift

that's a scissor lift and we will have a 24 foot one for interior work but those things dont leave nice level concrete floors for obvious reasons.

1532r.jpg

Its gonna suck and his grass is toast regardless, but a skid of 3/4" osb or plywood, or some 4x4 swamp mats is about your only option. Plywood could be muscled around as you move the lift. Mats would likely require a mini-ex or tracked skid steer to move.

Just need to spread the tire loads out to help minimize sinking.

That or hang off the roof.

Its gonna suck and his grass is toast regardless, but a skid of 3/4" osb or plywood, or some 4x4 swamp mats is about your only option. Plywood could be muscled around as you move the lift. Mats would likely require a mini-ex or tracked skid steer to move.

Just need to spread the tire loads out to help minimize sinking.

That or hang off the roof.

I was wondering if that would work but have not used them enough to speak wisely.

I was wondering if that would work but have not used them enough to speak wisely.

Should work for no more than you're gonna be doing. Mats will sink less but will be more cumbersome, plywood will bow and may crack, but if you double it up and do about a half sheet overlap, you should be ok. Client just needs know the yard is gonna look effin awesome til it drys up some. It will be a bit tedious to move the boards around if you don't get enough to do it all at once, but if the long wall doesn't get one in the middle, you could make a path across the short wall side and work the back corner from the lift on that corner, then just work the other end from more the parking lot on that end.

Also depending on the height vs. reach of the lift, you may not need to go all the way down the wall.

It's a pretty good slope on the sides there though. I think it'd slide off the boards. Just need a few dozen Maxtraks.

Here's what you need, but not sure if anyone around would have one.

s-65trax_alt2.jpg

But something like this with a platform on it is probably as close as you will get around.

15-ton-genie-lift-with-44--reach--no-outriggers-required-----4121.jpg

Well hell Tony, why would we ever think of the most basic answer to the question... Damn we sure do work really hard to not work really hard these days don't we...

I "think" the general direction is lighter which means the tons are out, front bumper needs to go and some other mods are in the thought process.

Wheels are 17' aluminum for a set of new/different set of tars which have yet to be worked out but they are likely gonna be red labels in the 39" variety. Beyond that nothing has been decided upon.

Last edited:
I "think" the general direction is lighter which means the tons are out
Lighter, for your reasons, is more about sprung weight reduction. UN-sprung weight, like big axles, carries just as much benefit as it does cost.

Sew jew get them new rollers from Memphis? Settle on tars?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom