Builds SAS 89 Mini--Triple cased Mashed Potato (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

WOW..... That ram maybe to small. Might should think about getting something bigger. :moon:

Bigger is better, ask your my wife. :smokin:

Besides, it retains the Toyota authenticity, came off a Toyota Fork lift.

Are you running the stock pump? Might not be enough considering it's original intention...

running stock pump right now, well an aftermarket stock pump anyway. It should be sufficient, i know John is running an 80 pump and it works well with his and I believe the V6 pump is of similar specs. I'm hoping mine will work as well but won't know for sure until it's all hooked up.

If not, there is a plan B in the form of a Saginaw pump replacement. I have a link buried somewhere in this build thread but can't find it right now.

Last edited:
now if I could just find the fricking orbital we've misplaced. :bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

Orbital never did show up so why have one when you can have 2 for twice the price

Anyway, hydro fully functional and love it!! Now just need to strap the hoses down and clean it up a little, probably add guard to the axles housing too.

20170819_171628.jpg
20170819_171637.jpg

How soon till you redo it for tons?

If he had a dollar for every time he heard that, he'd have wasted a lot more money on Toyota axles.

Ugh, yeah when you guys cough up credit card digits I'll get right on it. Tons also means new beadlocks, tars, shocks, driveshaft mods, etc... not to mention having to build out the axles with chromo ever-ting.

show me how to do on a budget and I'll oblige cuz it's about the only thing left to do.:smokin:

Last edited:
Just do it bro.
Blow the dust off that money or better yet make sure @tgreco has his wallet before going out to eat. That should save ya a bunch. :rofl:

Just do it bro.
Blow the dust off that money or better yet make sure @tgreco has his wallet before going out to eat. That should save ya a bunch. :rofl:

I'll give it to you, that made me laugh.

@TeddyBoy, don't you think stockish tons would be better than the toys? You're still in need of wheels/tires but you're kind of there already. You obviously just put some money in your axle but the front may get you part of the way to tons. I have no idea about what percentage of ton axles were driver v pass drop, but are your the tcases long enough where you could run a driver drop?

I obviously am not educated in the subject but figured I'd try and add some meaningful conversation to deviate from that of the TN hooligans.

D60 driver drop kingpin axles are bringing a premium these days, if you can find one. Superduty axles aren't too bad, but are ball joint which are not as well liked on the trail. Not sure but guessing wheels, tires, axles, gears, lockers, etc could push north of $5k pretty quick. Chevy D60/14B combo would be a little easier to stomach, but then your punkin' is on the wrong side. A 9.5" cruiser hybrid would let you keep the wheels, but will require some creativity or some $$ for highsteer arms, then RCV's, gears and lockers and your still deep in the pockets.

I am only speculating, but when you start adding up the bits, it can get up there quick.

D60 driver drop kingpin axles are bringing a premium these days, if you can find one. Superduty axles aren't too bad, but are ball joint which are not as well liked on the trail. Not sure but guessing wheels, tires, axles, gears, lockers, etc could push north of $5k pretty quick. Chevy D60/14B combo would be a little easier to stomach, but then your punkin' is on the wrong side. A 9.5" cruiser hybrid would let you keep the wheels, but will require some creativity or some $$ for highsteer arms, then RCV's, gears and lockers and your still deep in the pockets.

I am only speculating, but when you start adding up the bits, it can get up there quick.

See this guys, now thats info right there!! Anytime i need some thechno info im jus gonna hit up jynxy and set you nut huggers straight. :rofl:

Just call Ian on Exteme Offroad. He is always saying you can pick up axles cheap.

Or even cheaper

Just stop wheelin.

Just call Ian on Exteme Offroad. He is always saying you can pick up axles cheap.

Or even cheaper

Just stop wheelin.

Dare you say "stop wheeling." Let's be clear about something right now, that aint gonna happen, not soon anyway. Aint like I have plans to go buy a damned Jeep or somethin, I mean who does that?

Give Ian a a call, I hear he's got another job now anyway so maybe Power nation is looking to unload some of them "cheap" axles you speak of.

Like I said, you guys bring 'em and I'll bolt em on. Mashed Tater taking donations!!

I'm not looking to change axles anytime soon but 80 axles would be an option. Keep in mind one of the main reasons for changing axles is to get a larger R&P size along with larger axles shafts birfields etc.

For those reasons, if I ever change axles I would either do tons or perhaps build a hybrid front axle that morphs a 9.5" R&P into an 80 front axle similar to what Hagan has done in years past.

note to self, rear ford leaf-spring bushing: Moog part #SB344

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom