Sales brochure '97 model Japan (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here is the original sales brochure of the '97 LC 80 from Japan.

I found it on a japanese Landcruiser-Site.

Mike

Here more.

Mike

has some english language on there...
(for exoticness?)
E

For all who want to see japanese:

Here !!

Mike

And more !!

Mike

More japanese !

Mike

Mike,

"I found it on a japanese Landcruiser-Site."

You don't happen to be the same guy who has posted the bolow comment/question to the 80'scool site, do you?: ;)

I have a '97 FZJ 80 asia model because I stay in Thailand. Does
anybody now the available options on that model or what was standard?
:D

Happy wheelin' :cheers:

mot

So you are here too.

That is good news.

Mike

Is that the diff-lock switch to the left of the steering column? If so, funny that it would still be on the left. I woulda thought it woulda been easier to have everything just reversed from RHD to LHD models... Maybe it has to do with the fact that the acceleration pedals (and clutch pedal in manual versions) are in the same order from left to right, just on the other side of the middle of the vehicle... ???

-Ferg-

Hey Ferg,

yes, it is on the left. On the right is the mirror switch, lights (fog lights), maybe some alarm buttons and more space for anything else.

And here a question for MOT because he sits in Japan:

Was the FF/RR locker switch standard in later 80's in asia because I have never seen a 80 here in Thailand without the switch???

Mike

Mike,

Yes, I'm here and that is good news :D

Actually, what I was trying to get at was(being a smart arse that I am) that I "ASS-U-ME-D" that you had "found" those pics only after I had posted the links to the pics on the 80scool board in answer to your question. But hey, we all know what happens when you assume, right? ;) So my sincere apologies if you found them on your own. :-[

Anyway, I'm over it since you sound like a nice guy :)

Now onto your question.

From what I've seen, which is not extensive, is that the F/R diff. locks here are just as common/uncommon here as they are elsewhere in the world. My buddy's doesn't have it/them and many of the ones I have seen online don't have them, either. So you and those of you Thailand should feel lucky. I know nothing about Thailand, other than I've had some Thai food and it was yummy, but your terrain necessitates having the lockers. Who knows?

:cheers:

Later,

mot

Yes, I found the site just 20 minutes before I got your mail :D

Thanks anyway :beer:

I read in a german review that all 80's from 92 sold in Germany had the lockers as standard. If it's true or not I don't know.

So we will feel lucky with our lockers :D and sorry for all without :'(

Mike

Nothing looks particulaly different other than the optional Styling stuff, Such as the Tyre carrier that looks very similar to that on a Grey Import Hilux Surf. :D

I think Diff Locks were an option only on the VX(Not on DX, RV and GXL) 80 Series. And the 78,79 and 105 Series are the only Landcruisers to have the option of Diff Locks on all models.

Mike,

Thanks to you, I experienced AGAIN what happens when I assume. :whoops: :'(

Yes, you should feel lucky with lockers. And you should REALLY feel lucky that your rig has the rear AC. I'm jealous!

mot

Hey Mot,

then you don't have a coolbox too ? :flipoff2:

I am sorry, just a joke.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom