SafetyRestore.com feedback (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Can someone who's dealt with Safety Restore ask them what color code was used in the poorly matched examples (so the rest of us can tell them not to use that color) and/or ask for the color code for whatever eventually turns out to be at least a closer match??

I know they've said in the past they don't always have all colors in stock, but if we all know ahead of time what the correct color is we can then tell Safety Restore to not use any substitutes (or just call in advance to confirm the correct color is in stock before we ship our belts to them).

I tried but they said they didn't have a color code for it.

I had to have them send me a video of three "close matches" and I told them which one to use.

I also told them that we had a BUNCH of business we could send them if they would standardize on the correct color, but they said it wasn't possible.

Can someone who's dealt with Safety Restore ask them what color code was used in the poorly matched examples (so the rest of us can tell them not to use that color) and/or ask for the color code for whatever eventually turns out to be at least a closer match??

I know they've said in the past they don't always have all colors in stock, but if we all know ahead of time what the correct color is we can then tell Safety Restore to not use any substitutes (or just call in advance to confirm the correct color is in stock before we ship our belts to them).
seems like a lot of effort to make a company give expected service. Typically you don't have to figure out how to help a company get an order right(especially since they really only have a very limited service range). Isn't it their job to make sure you know how to explain what would be to your satisfaction? Not saying it isn't a good idea, but seems like you've put too much effort in to doing their job. There are other options out there which actually do have color codes you can select.

You can get that dark brown or another that is a couple shades lighter. I went with the lighter, after decades of sun fading and grubby hands it would be almost impossible to match 100%.

Update from my end: they received my returned seatbelts this past Saturday. I waited until today to call them to ask when they’d be processed. They had no idea they came. No oversight.

After my phone call, someone contacted me and began the conversation.

SR: What’s wrong with your belts?
Me: you chose a red/burgundy when I asked for Oak/tan/brown not red/burgundy
SR: sent me a text comparing samples of different colored materials with the wrong color belt that they sent me
Me: I think you’re confused. You are comparing the wrong color belt with wrong colors. I want you to match the original Oak color from the seatbelts that I sent you. I don’t want you to match the red/burgundy belt. That is the wrong color you guys chose from the start.
SR: how about this dark brown almost black color. (Still comparing it to the red/burgundy belt)
Me: please send me color samples in the mail and I will let you know which one I choose.
SR: okay. But how about this color? Still comparing it against the red/burgundy belt.

Me: OMFG. just send me color swatches please.

This is going on what, over two weeks now that I don’t have seat belts. When my cruiser was INOP it wasn’t an issue. Now it’s annoying. The customer service is good, dare I say almost great, but their process is so poor that it shouldn’t have to even get to this point.

I’ll report back with color samples @Kernal he said it comes with color codes. I sure as hell hope it does.

Last edited:
here are some pics of the belts they have on the shelf and the guy comparing the burgundy belt with other more closer colors.

FE55A25E-FAC2-4C72-9F98-ACC79C4B25C3.jpeg

52B70DB9-50B1-4C94-94DE-1CDBCDCB291F.jpeg
73E1D3B1-56CE-46CC-A66C-1AB501E482FE.jpeg
D4C185CF-3672-4FA9-8ADB-E972889B7DE2.jpeg

I find it comical now that he kept comparing the wrong colored burgundy belt with these others samples.

You can see they have much closer examples to the Oak interior. Why didn’t they just start with that?!?

I found it best to tell them to match to the color of the buckle... That's the most important part as it shows the most contrast.

Have them put the buckle on top of the webbing and take pics. That's the only way it worked for me.

I am currently waiting on my belts to come back from Safety Restore. I avoided having to figure out which webbing they had to match my LX450 belts because I had already bought two complete belts out of a '96 Camry that were in excellent condition. The color of the Camry belts matched the ones in my '97 LX450 very closely - maybe even identically. My LX450 belts are much more faded out than the ones that came out the Camry. I also had a busted front passenger side buckle, and the buckles on the Camry belts were exactly the same as my LX450. So I'm basically just having them clean the retractors and swap over the Camry belts.

My belts arrived yesterday from Safety Restore. Work was done exactly per my request. The '96 Camry belts were swapped over to my LX450 retractors, which were cleaned. I'm not sure if they wound the retractor spring a little tighter because my belts don't really retract any better than before. They're slow, but they do retract all the way most of the time. Perhaps if I'd gone with new webbing material they'd be a little zippier. At any rate, I am satisfied with the work they did.

My belts arrived yesterday from Safety Restore. Work was done exactly per my request. The '96 Camry belts were swapped over to my LX450 retractors, which were cleaned. I'm not sure if they wound the retractor spring a little tighter because my belts don't really retract any better than before. They're slow, but they do retract all the way most of the time. Perhaps if I'd gone with new webbing material they'd be a little zippier. At any rate, I am satisfied with the work they did.
I wish we could source oem webbing and then send it in with our belts. That would likely be a good group buy if we could find the supplier.

I just got a package full of samples from them today. They told me they were color coded by numbers. Wrong. They confirmed I can either choose by taking a picture of the one that matches closest or by mailing the sample I choose back to them. SMH. These guys are clowns.

I’m going with the dark brown which dark brown you ask? The dark one. The chocolate dark brown. The coffee brown. Mocha. Espresso. No? Earthen brown. That one.

The picture you see below isn’t an accurate representation either. The colors are washed out.

DAAFA109-C637-45AB-A42A-8B91F5CD3813.jpeg

Suffice to say, I will not recommend these guys. I sent my belts to them 6 Feb and it is 4 March and I’m still helping them unfornicate their process. They aren’t cheap by any means, their customer service is good, but the hassle and time lost is not worth it. Complete clowns.

I've cleaned belts myself in the past with really good results. If they aren't frayed, cleaning is worthwhile IMO

After removing the mechanism from the car, carefully remove one of the side covers.
fully roll out the belt, then you can slip a plastic retaining bar out of the end loop of the belt. The belt is secured in a recess in the drum.
Make sure you secure the drum so it can't retract I've you remove the belt.
I used compressed air to blow a bit of dust and grime out.
The belts, buckles etc I soaked in a strong solution of laundry detergent, then out then in the washing machine tied up in a pillow case, and washed with some old towels.
The filth that came out of the belts is amazing.
Once they are free of grime, sweat, oil etc, they retract a lot better.

I put one extra turn of preload on them. From memory, trying to go beyond this isn't feasible.

They aren't super complicated, but it definitely requires some care taking them apart so nothing shakes loose, and so the coil spring preload isn't lost.

Well, after almost 6 weeks, two trips to the post office due to getting the color wrong, numerous calls and emails, and $600 later I have my belts again.

And they’re the wrong color again! The kicker is, they sent me color samples and I sent back a color swatch and explained to use the sample provided. The red circle is the belt color I chose. It looks like they used the one below it and to the right instead.

F413EB54-2EA3-4437-8771-5175A099E634.jpeg

This is what I asked for:
21BCBEC1-9D51-4A95-94A3-72F4E497FF87.jpeg

This is what I got the first time:
231C7F18-B544-4668-ACF1-7175A9DA0612.jpeg

This is what I got the second which is again completely wrong:
9CBA7FB2-779B-41DB-8020-6F52970F4EA0.jpeg

I’ve asked them for a full refund at this point. We will see what happens. I will look into sending these off to a more reputable company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom