sad day - but silver lining (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Pictures tell the story. I would say this is a great example of what a tank the 200 is - not much damage compared to the other guy - but it's really because I had a beefy military pintle hitch on the back. That thing destroyed his front end and held his vehicle at a distance from mine. Hopefully it didn't take too much force through to my frame, we'll see.

AccidentSiteImpact.jpeg

BackWideAtAccidentSite.jpeg

Sounds like everyone is ok as no injuries were mentioned. How fast was this person going while texting? 😎 I see a new metal bumper in your future. 😜

New bumper and a new tail gate and it should be back in business in no time. Hopefully there isn't any frame damage and I'd check the hitch as well. You should go aftermarket on the bumper, perfect opportunity to make the switch. Glad to hear that no one was hurt/injured.

holy sh*t that rear hatch held up well. Looking at all the damge on the other vehicle from gill/headlights/hood, that didnt come from the hitch.

Impressive. hopefully the frame is good and I expect it is.

Wow what a difference between the two vehicles. Maybe the detent pin and the hitch took the brunt of the deformation?

Was that an older Nissan Pathfinder?

Was that an older Nissan Pathfinder?
Looks like armada based on wheels and windshield angle.

If your rear door seems are all even and there doesn’t appear to be plastic deformation of the rear quarter panels I’d bed your fine. How do the hinges/mounting brackets for the hatch look?

Is it just the picture or is your hitch cocked to the passenger side (bent?)

Lastly, this is no surprise - there are 0 ZERO crumple zones in the rear. It’s straight frame beef.

Sounds like everyone is ok as no injuries were mentioned. How fast was this person going while texting? 😎 I see a new metal bumper in your future. 😜
Correct, no injuries! I'm guessing they were going about 35 mph when they hit me, slowing down from 45ish. It was pretty heavy traffic at the time. He pushed me into the car in front of me.

Looks like armada based on wheels and windshield angle.

If your rear door seems are all even and there doesn’t appear to be plastic deformation of the rear quarter panels I’d bed your fine. How do the hinges/mounting brackets for the hatch look?

Is it just the picture or is your hitch cocked to the passenger side (bent?)

Lastly, this is no surprise - there are 0 ZERO crumple zones in the rear. It’s straight frame beef.

Rear door alignment looks fine, but there are definitely some non-spec gaps around the upper tailgate. Hinges look fine. The moving part of the pintle did get bent to the right a little, but the 2x2 shaft is still straight.

Wow what a difference between the two vehicles. Maybe the detent pin and the hitch took the brunt of the deformation?
I think you're right. His vehicle probably nose-dived as he slammed on his brakes, which is why there's not much damage to my upper tailgate door. Once my hitch speared his bumper and radiator, it kept his truck from coming back up and causing more damage. The two vehicles were hooked together and we couldn't just drive off without me making a couple of hard pulls to get free.

Damn, glad everyone ok! What a hassle, but then there's the silver lining!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom