Rust remover scam? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TexFJ

SILVER Star
Threads
Can someone buy this thing and see if they get scammed?

shouldn’t this machine be at least $5k?

D7DA59E8-C10A-463B-A2DE-D7D6BCE814FE.png

This reminds me. My buddy works for a company that does a lot of the restoration and preservation work for NPS on the memorials in DC as well as countless other buildings in the capital area. They use these lasers all the time apparently. I think my buddy said I could swing my FJ62 by his shop and get it blasted and lasered.

Cool article about lasers in use.

good find. I can't believe how widely this is advertised. Obviously a scam but hey, some people may take a risk and send the $49. With that said, I want one, just not for the 5 figures this is probably going for.

Interesting.

On a sidebar, has anyone used the stuff that is a roadsalt/brine remover?

Eastwood advertises a product, and after perusing the inter-trubes, I see there is a home-brew for the cost-conscious: baking soda and vinegar with carwash soap. I will probably try this out next month on the undercarriage, and the red-headed stepchild will be smellin' like a douche, but hopefully will not be promoting deeper rust.

I run 75 watt laser engravers at work. Close to 50 of them. The 75watt laser tube costs $3000 to replace. And that is ONE single component. NO WAY they are selling that 300 watt directed energy weapon for $49 delivered to your door. LOL

At this point lasers in mfg are old tech. What they can do is amazingly versatile. Everything from single point measurements to 3D scanning, cutting, drilling, hole making, engraving, printing, cleaning etc. not to mention a wide swath of medical applications, military etc etc. but very few fall into the $49 category....short of simple laser pointers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom