Rust Prevention Sprays (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Devilmans Hand

TLCA #19517
Threads
Website
www.capitallandcruiserclub.org
Just wondering what everyone is using this winter, since I anticipate the roads to be continously slathered in brine.
I ordered a few cans of this
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000...X110_SY165_QL70&keywords=rust+treatment+spray
CRC Heavy Duty Corrosion Inhibitor

Some independent testing showed good salt water resistance and it seems to wick just fine into body seams and stay put.
I was eyeballing the kano labs rust inhibitor and protectant spray, but Amazon Prime is a powerful convenience.

We've been really happy with this stuff.

upload_2015-11-25_16-26-24.jpeg

It takes about 1.5 cans to do the frame and axles of a fullsize rig. It sprays on like WD40 or similar and dries to a waxy finish.

We should see about a group buy.

I guess I havent been on in a few weeks. If you all are still interested in this I can do group buy. Just let me know.

I need enough to dip the hole cruiser into it!!
:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

One penny down layaway too

Figured I would bring this up since winter is here. I just spayed my 60 with the stuff Shirley recommended and it goes on easy, not sticky. I used about a can on mine but didn't spray the axles or trans stuff. If any one is interested they can contact me or Nate and Vince from Forge Specialties.

X-Treme Synthetic Food Grade Grease That's as close as I can get lol.

I've used that stuff on my Kitchenaid mixer and like everything else that AMSOIL does, it was awesome.

Figured I would bring this up since winter is here. I just spayed my 60 with the stuff Shirley recommended and it goes on easy, not sticky. I used about a can on mine but didn't spray the axles or trans stuff. If any one is interested they can contact me or Nate and Vince from Forge Specialties.

Definitely hit up mwalls54 with all your AMSOIL needs. If we've got something in stock, I don't mind bringing it up to a meeting, but we're not set up to handle group buys or retail operations of any scale.

If you are short on time and want to have someone else do it. I took my FJ 60 here:

Z-Bart
3170 Draper Dr
(703) 591-0900
Open until 5:00 PM

They are big in the Midwest. My grandfather who lived in Michigan, swore by them. They also coat the inside of the doors and body too. The price, if I recall was about $350 and that was a couple of years ago. They also guarantee their work and rust proofing, but the thing is you have to go back for a touch-up every year. The store is friendly and the manager is familiar with Land Cruisers and Toyota's in general. He discussed all the unique places rust would form on Toyotas and took extra effort with mine it seemed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom