TLCA Rubithon #34 Aug 24 - 28, 2022 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.rubithon.com
UPDATE July 20, 2022

NOTICE - Our printer just told me that they will not be able to print any additional shirts after our run. So if you were hoping to order some there, it won't happen. If you are registered, and want to add shirts or hoodies, please email me and let me know by Friday, July 29th. I can send out a pay pal invoice for the balance. The order will be placed at 9 AM PT on Aug 1st. There will be no changes after the order is placed.

The last date to register is July 31, 2022. There is a $25 late fee that was added on July 1st. Since we won't be shipping shirts after the event, there isn't a 2nd "penalty" late fee. Please go to our Rubithon page to sign up JOIN US FOR THE 34th ANNUAL RUBITHON - Rubithon - https://www.rubithon.com

===============================================================================================
June 20, 2022 update

The Wednesday Wagon run is FULL. Thank you to Jeff Greenwood for taking this new run on!

There are two "restricted" runs. This simply means that the Run Leaders would like to go over the run with you to make sure that you will have an enjoyable time.
Steve Pryor's wagon run is leaving on Monday. There are additional vehicle requirements for the run, and he can answer any questions you might have.
Mudrak's Double Locker run is really for the experienced Rubicon driver. They hit all of the trail, and there will be carnage. There have been years where they can't meet you at Loon on Wednesday, which means that you may need to meet them on the trail. If you are a newbie, this may not be the best choice.

If you have questions, please email me at chairman at rubithon dot com.

==============================================================================================
Hi everyone

It’s January, and I know everyone is wanting info on this year’s Rubithon. As many know, we had record snowfall this past December. Every time we’ve exceeded 12 feet of depth at any point, we have been forced to reschedule, or have had very difficult conditions on the Tahoma side.

Jeep USA just changed their schedule which removed one of our available replacement weekends. Rather than waiting any longer, I’m going to make the decision now to move this year’s Rubithon to the next available date that will give us access to the entire Springs – Aug 24-28th. My hope is that having 7 months’ notice will allow everyone to plan accordingly. I know this impacts families with kids in school, but we don’t have a lot of choices. I've already been told about a couple of conflicts including the

As an added bonus, this is the weekend before the FJ-45 run which is also becoming the first "70 Series in the Sierras run". Talk to Georg about that.

We are looking for volunteers for Raffle Committee, and Trail Leaders and Trail Committee. I would like to start a 2nd wagon run since we had 28 people last year. A good size for a run is somewhere between 10 and 20. If you are interested, please contact me directly.

We are in the process of setting up the registration page, and there will be a few changes for that. The wagon run, double locker run and sweeper run will be by invite only. If you’ve registered for a renegade run in the past, we’d like to know which day you will be coming in, from which side, and if there is an informal leader, or if it is a club run.

I will update this post as more info becomes available

Thank you!

Ross Woody
Rubithon #34 Chairman

Last edited:
Time to schedule some time off work I suppose

I'll check into getting some time off.

This year i plan on bringing my 40

There is an outside chance I'll bring the electric EJ/EV 45 - if I find enough suckers, I mean friends to help me finish it.

All registered now! Gotta finish up a few things quickly now

I will be leading the Wagon run this year. Leaving on Wed I will start a tread for that as well . my guess is it will sell out pretty fast ?

5 days to go, lookin forward to it. Travel safe, see you on the trail.

BDA63474-5DD1-4E1B-968D-4F1D4AD6E85D.jpeg

Based on kid stuff, there's a 50/50 chance I'll be able to run in Friday morning from Loon - anyone else going to be going in Friday morning? I plan on going all the way to the Springs.

Based on kid stuff, there's a 50/50 chance I'll be able to run in Friday morning from Loon - anyone else going to be going in Friday morning? I plan on going all the way to the Springs.
We start from Loon Lake on Thursday and will camp at Buck Island Thursday Night. You can try and catch us.

I think you can use Echo and listen to the repeater.

Big thanks to Ross Woody, great job. Shout out to Phi & Dat, Rubicon & Rubithon first timers, both from So. Cal., both in 80's fully loaded, lockers on 35's.
We ran straight thru on Wed. no issues, made springs by 3:30. As a solo trail leader with 2 registered participants it could not have gone better, these guys spanked it all the way to the springs, no lunch, no unneccessary stops. I did the obligatory stop and describe the different named sections of the trail or specific obstacles & view points.
To Jack- Had Dirty Dozen to myself for 4 days, river was good, swim hole normal, shower was online, no dutch oven dinners tho. Missed ya, hope to see you again.

Going out, that spot in your first pic was a pita. Tree on right did a job on the rear quarter and took out my hi-lift mount. Was a good trip and no other breakage for us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom