Rubithon '08 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Granite Grinder

IH8RUST
Threads
Thought I'd start a Rubithon thread. It's been awhile since we had a Canadian contingient head to the Rubicon. Thought I'd plant a seed and see where it goes. Rubithon is usually held over Father's day weekend (June). John and Sue Pardi have always extended there hospitality, they live in Pollock Pines, which is pretty much on the doorstep of the trail. I believe they have room for trailers and tents. You might have seen a picture of Becky in a recent issue of TT. Every year John posts an invitation, it would be great to take him up. They've raised a couple of kids themselves, so kids aren't an issue.
Maybe we could get some RMLCA members to join in. Bruce is probably tired of the trail, but not the socializing.
I'll try to keep this thread alive.
GG

Last edited:
I've never been, and would love too. When holiday booking comes for 2008 in Nov I will try and book it off.

gb

Set some dates

Why don't we post some dates around next Father's Day and see how many people can arrange time off. This provides a target to shoot for.

I'll put my hand up too
I'd love to go back and run the trail and visit with the Pardi's

It also gives me a good "to be finished by" date for my expedition rig (thanks again to Bruce L. for costing me thousands of dollars in parts after reading his 74 build up thread!!!)

20th Annual Rubithon “Hall of Fame” Run
June 18-22, 2008, Rubicon Trail, California
TLCA Hosted Event
Contact: Tony Twiddy, (707) 431-0604, or Rubithon@tlca.org, or TCTwiddy@comcast.net

Last edited:
I can't do the end of june. I am still working but I was thinking of a big trip next summer.

That, and I am not sure how welcome a suzuki with land cruiser axles would be :)

I can't do the end of june. I am still working but I was thinking of a big trip next summer.

That, and I am not sure how welcome a suzuki with land cruiser axles would be :)

dont worry, you dont wheel anyways;p

i live in quebec and i dont have any chapter or cruiser in my area, i have to wheel with jeep and other and almost no rock crawling mostly mud ,i hate mud but you take what you got. i take a break from work next summer , i plan to go to bc in june ,with my 40 in the train from quebec to calgary and on wheel to kelowna and vancouver . maybe it could be possible for me to go down to rubithon with you guy , how you go ther , on wheel or on a flat bed? i have never bean to a tlca even . my 40 is a 78 ,gozard fiberglass complet body, sb350 ,35 krawler, 4-56 gear,arb,lockright ,winch and more ... i own it since i was 17 in 92 and will keep it forever

sounds like a beauty of a truck.Pics?

Jim land, you've got the right 'cruiser for the trail. We usually drive down, takes two long days of driving.
GG

I am totally in.

Hey,
Thought I'd resurrect this thread by saying we're trying to get a VI Cruisers Rubithon assault team together.
How many Coastal Cruisers are planning to roll down? It could be a sweet convoy:steer:

Cheers from the Rock-
Mike T

I am up for the trip.

Oh No I dont think I am aloud in the states now shayzen

Just came back from Moab and went throw Tahoe on the way, I couldn't beleave how much snow they still had. It's an easy 2 day drive about 16 hours. I was thinking about running into Rubicon springs from the lake Tahoe side but the snow kept me on the road looking for somthing a little warmer. One day I will make it there.

Well it's getting closer to Rubithon, Anyone comming down? John Pardi, Pretty damn close to the trail in Calif.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom