Rubbing Noise When Turning in Reverse (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey yall looking for some advice or if anyone has had the same issue.

When I turn all the way right or left in reverse, for example when pulling out of a parking spot, I hear a rubbing noise from the front wheels. My initial thought was something was rubbing, but after investigating that does not seem to be the issue. I run stock tires/wheels and have plenty of clearance. I inspected all my bushings, and they appear to be in ok shape, with the exception of the tie rod end bushing, may replace that. However, just wanted to see if anyone had the same issue, and I'm not missing something obvious. Going to continue to research my haynes book and the internet. Appreciate your help in advance.

Have you had someone stand next to the truck and try an locate the sound as you back up. That would be my starting point

Hey yall looking for some advice or if anyone has had the same issue.

When I turn all the way right or left in reverse, for example when pulling out of a parking spot, I hear a rubbing noise from the front wheels. My initial thought was something was rubbing, but after investigating that does not seem to be the issue. I run stock tires/wheels and have plenty of clearance. I inspected all my bushings, and they appear to be in ok shape, with the exception of the tie rod end bushing, may replace that. However, just wanted to see if anyone had the same issue, and I'm not missing something obvious. Going to continue to research my haynes book and the internet. Appreciate your help in advance.
Most likely you have dry birfields.

Check the grease levels in the front hubs. Mine was doing the same thing. I added about one full tube of Valvoline Palladium in each front hub and it took care of the noise.

I know I am due for aa front rebuild, but have not had time. This will buy me time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom