RTH: Spindle needed ASAP - Jacksonville, AL (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
FL80ADDICT exploded the pass side birf in his '96 80 and it took out the spindle. He's looking for a good replacement to get him home. Might also need an outer wheel bearing lock nut.

He's at Choccolocco Mountain ORV Park in Jacksonville, Alabama. If anyone in the area can help, please contact me here or call Jason directly at 772 - three two one - 0536.

Thanks in advance! :cheers:

As a backup I have a new one in stock that I could get out on Tuesday when we re-open and UPS is running.

Is an 80 spindle different than a disk brake 40 spindle?

Not even close.

Yes would have sufficed. :flipoff2:

Sorry, I've got no 80 series spare spindles back home.

"Yes" is a three letter response and is too short for the software to accept......:lol:

Dan, are the snap rings, tab washers, and 54mm nuts the same on a 40 and an 80 series?

I was at this event... no clue he broke... when? the night ride Saturday night where Matthew purdied-up Cattywampus?

Dan, are the snap rings, tab washers, and 54mm nuts the same on a 40 and an 80 series?

The wheel bearing lock tab washers, adjusting nuts and outer snap rings are the same. The thrust washers are also the same, as are the wheel bearings and wheel bearing seals. The birfield inner snap rings are different.

That's what I figured and is why I ordered 2 extra lock tab washers, and outer snap rings from you.

But remember, the spindles are not even close to the same. :D

I was at this event... no clue he broke... when? the night ride Saturday night where Matthew purdied-up Cattywampus?
Not sure when it happened.. I believe it was on a trail called Impossible.

He made it home safely.

Thanks to all who replied! :beer:

Made it home safe on the cracked spindle. Broke it on Impossible the day after the night fun on Boat Ramp. Climbed 4x before the rain, 5th time was the charm. Glad you guys made it back out.

Did you get up the boat ramp? How is your 80 set up?

:) Thanks Adam for starting this thread and any calls that anyone made to try and help get us out of AL not that we were in any hurry, what a beautiful place to wheel!

I made it home on a cracked spindle and a birfield with no splines on the drive flange end... I know this wasnt the smartest thing to do but we had to leave monday morning...

Everything seemed to be fine all the way no problems at all. We made a safety stop every hour or so to check for heat and wheel bearing tightness since I no longer had a lock not or locking washer installed:hmm:

Thanks everyone I will post pics and video as soon as I can

:cheers: Jason
broken birf 002.jpg
broken birf 001.jpg

Did you get up the boat ramp? How is your 80 set up?

No, I didnt... I do have some video of me just spinning all 4 that shows how slick it is... I only saw about 5 people actually make it up without pulling cable! It is extremely slippery with a constant flow of water that is sping fed fron the top of trail, very beautiful!
I ran the lower section of boat ramp up to spectator but thats as far as I cared to travel, I could of gone further but would of had to pull cable several times and it was almost dark on our first nite at choccolocco.

My rig info is in my sig line if you need more pm me:cheers:

I will be posting pics and video soon. I have some really cool stuff, my 80 in action and some other sweet rigs, big $$$ custom buggies that I believe are from hardline crawler great bunch of people to wheel with:)

Land speeder, I broke the sunday about noon, how did they get cattywampus out? I heard he drove by the camp under his own power:hmm:

What an awesome weekend, I think we are going back in about a month for a whole week:grinpimp: we need more 80's

Thread hijack
Just out of curiosity Dan how much is for new spindle
Rear ?
Front ?
:)
Sorry
I am contemplating if I should keep my rear one since spindle does not look good and I am putting new bearings on it.

Land speeder, I broke the sunday about noon, how did they get cattywampus out? I heard he drove by the camp under his own power:hmm:

What an awesome weekend, I think we are going back in about a month for a whole week:grinpimp: we need more 80's

they just kept winching until it became "unstuck", 7 hours worth. I wasn't there... I was snoozing in my hotel room! I went there when they went out. They never came back! I came back to camp at the exact time Catty rolled up on it's own power of 1WD..... that's right, 1 wheel in the front, locked pulling that beast. He loaded up from there and went home. Cattywampus was tuckered out, it took a few flops and many broken parts this weekend.

WarEagleCruisers will come back up with ya'll I bet for a day or so... we love to wheel. I may have another rig by then. Especially if I can find a cheap one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom