RTH - Rear Diff Oil (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sleepycruiser

I will get by….I will survive -Touch of Grey LC200
Threads
Long week and now long day.....

What a mess....so the diff oil I had was 80w-90. I got another oil and that was all supposed to be 75w-90....so I put about 2.8 quarts (still have .7 to go) of the 80w-90 in the rear diff and thought I would top it off with a mixture of the 75/80.....well, apparently I got some of the wrong oil and when I went to mix it in a jug I put 2 quarts of 75w-140 in with about a quart of 80w-90.....will that mixture be ok for the diffs or should I just scrap it? So my remaining oil is a mixture of 1 quart 80 and 2 quarts 75/140....I have another 75/90 I could mix in too...lol. I was going to use the rest for the t-case and front diff. Thoughts?

Dumb companies having the same color/style label for different weights...apparently I can’t read. :(

Heavier oil in the diff might affect gas mileage, but its got better shock load protection. I wouldn't worry about it. Just my opinion.

Basically what I did was poured most of the 80w-90 and 75w90 into a separate container and used the last quart of 75w-90 and then minimally mixed the other with it so I could top it off. Ended up being less than half a quart. I am going to order new gear oil and redo it and do the t-case and front diff at the same time. Definitely needs it!!

316C1F50-E475-46B8-99CB-7CEAD810E4F5.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom