RTH electrical help please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nooby here, so take this with a grain of salt.
Not sure if this applies, but this is the starting circuit diagram from a 97 - I have the electrical Wiring Diagram book
Battery Voltage check
Switch to ignition position - I would expect the same or very close battery voltage at the coil and igniter
Starter - switch in Start position - I would expect the same or very close battery voltage at the starter terminal
the only other thing in the circuit is the P/N switch - which reading elsewhere can be a problem/need cleaning.?
Cheers
View attachment 2550639

View attachment 2550640
This diagram does not show the starter cut relay which apparently the OP will have since he has the alarm. This relay is in the driver kick panel and will break this circuit under certain alarm conditions.

Rip out the alarm by the roots and try again.

Battery voltage should be between 12.6V and 12.7V If 12.5 or less, it's discharged.

Ok, I'm embarrassed to admit this but maybe someone will benefit from it later. It was the battery. I tried to jump it yesterday to verify this wasn't the issue, but I must not have had good contact with the cables at one end. I think I just ran it down while I was installing the stereo, just enough to not start the vehicle, but still let everything else work.

On the bright side, it sure is nice to finally have a bluetooth enabled stereo. So much better for music on trips.

Thanks to those of who took time to help me troubleshoot the apparently non existent issue.

Ok, I'm embarrassed to admit this but maybe someone will benefit from it later. It was the battery. I tried to jump it yesterday to verify this wasn't the issue, but I must not have had good contact with the cables at one end. I think I just ran it down while I was installing the stereo, just enough to not start the vehicle, but still let everything else work.

On the bright side, it sure is nice to finally have a bluetooth enabled stereo. So much better for music on trips.

Thanks to those of who took time to help me troubleshoot the apparently non existent issue.
You're not the first, nor the last..........

Happy you got her sorted! sometimes the dumbest solutions make the fix that much better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom