rs3000 trouble (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, my 96 has the rs3000 keyless entry and alarm system in it. I wasn't sure whether it was factory or dealer installed so I tossed the dice and purchased a black remote from ebay. It came in and no luck. So I then purchased the gray remote. Still no go. I'm sure I am following the instructions for pairing to the T. I was able to get it to erase the codes by holding for three seconds and then two. The chirper is broken but the lights flash so I know that the box at least somewhat works. The light on the dash comes on just like it's supposed to when I press the green button but it just refuses to pair. Anyone else who has had issues trying to get this to work? If the box is bad can I just purchase another rs3000 box from the pull a part and see if it works? Are they all the same?

Thanks

Plus 1 on this. These units are aging and best removed if you are having issues or cannot get it to work properly. Mine started arming itself and would go off at random times. There are a couple good writeups on how to remove them.

This is the rs3000 system removed....takes about an hour, but is very easy to do, just a bunch of wire connectors while you follow the harness from under the seat. Good luck!

20190817_162711.jpg

Thanks guys, I’m definitely going to consider doing this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom