Rover Bumper on my 62? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey mud!
I've got my eye on a used ARB front bumper that came off of a Land Rover Classic. From the measurements I've been sent, it looks wide enough. Brackets may need a slight adjustment. Anyone else ever put a Rover bumper on a Cruiser?

Thanks!

You mean a Range Rover or a series Land Rover? I am sure you could adapt the rover arb with new brackets. I would suspect arb makes one bumper and welds on the specific mounting brackets for a given vehicle.

You mean a Range Rover or a series Land Rover? I am sure you could adapt the rover arb with new brackets. I would suspect arb makes one bumper and welds on the specific mounting brackets for a given vehicle.

Screenshot_20210324-222324_Gallery.jpg

I have measured to do this when I used to work in a Defender shop as there were a lot of bumpers around, but I never got around to actually doing it. They are very very close. The frame width is the same. It should not be very difficult at all if you are handy with mild fabrication and would be worth doing if you got the bumper for super cheap

Side note when i finally built my own bumper it is a almost a direct replica of the Rock-Ware Defender bumper

I have measured to do this when I used to work in a Defender shop as there were a lot of bumpers around, but I never got around to actually doing it. They are very very close. The frame width is the same. It should not be very difficult at all if you are handy with mild fabrication and would be worth doing if you got the bumper for super cheap

Side note when i finally built my own bumper it is a almost a direct replica of the Rock-Ware Defender bumper

Good info, I'll give it a shot! Asking price is $500 which seems like a deal to me. Better than $1,295 new.

Pic attached of actual bumper.

Thanks!!

Screenshot_20210324-210309_Facebook.jpg

mine came off a nissan safari. if you have an angle grinder, some hefty chunks of steel plate, and a welder, you can make anything fit the 60. i cut off the top hoops because they were rusty...the safari was a dive truck and spent lots of time at the marina; only paid $100.

This is actually a discovery chassis:

1616691264344.png

1616691302300.png

1616691319003.png

31" from outside of frame rail to outside of frame rail

1616691352732.png

25" inside

1616691378642.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom