Routing Heater Hoses W/ SBC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JJS

Threads
Running a carbed 350 in my FJ40. I would like to add heat to it using the stock front heater box. Are there any molded hoses available that work well for this application?

Well, second page now and nothing...that SBC must provide sufficient heat for you guys. :flipoff2:

What type of intake manifold are you using? Your best bet is to just use 1/2" or 3/4" heater hose and run it from the firewall to the waterpump and have another hose come off the mainfold and return into the firewall. No specific molded pieces. :cool:

If you are refering to the connection at the shut-off valve at the firewall that points straight up like my 78 does, I used a brass 1/2 90 to make the bend. Just use a small piece of hose to connect the valve and the 90.

Thanks for all the replies. I tried running regular flexible heater hose, and I can't seem to make it look nice and keep it out of the way. I have an Edelbrock Performer dual plane intake. I no longer have the factory hoses. They were rotted anyway.

Here are the only pics I have of my heater hoses. Like the guy said above, I just used flexible heater hose from the water pump/manifold to the factory heater inlet valve.
tbody.jpg
tbody3.jpg

It appears that I be missing the heater valve and control.

Maybe I should just bundle up. I've got no where to mount the battery with the fan blower in there.

It appears that I be missing the heater valve and control.

Maybe I should just bundle up. I've got no where to mount the battery with the fan blower in there.

I've got my battery in the passenger side front with a stock/'75 chevy pickup battery tray concoction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom