ROTW - Scott_sFZJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Scott_sFZJ80 - Locked '93 w/70K miles in Chicagoland
This is cool; I have Rig Of The Week this week and Surf N Turf next week. Now I tend to be long winded in my posts so I am going to try my hardest to keep it short. Basically I’ll do a list of the modification followed by pictures. Included with the list I’ll do a rating system of my satisfaction with the modification (with five asterisks being the highest).

Stuff I bolted/wired/cut/screwed/snapped/drilled on myself…
Hanna Quality Sliders (*****)
Slee Front Bumper (*****)
OME Heavy - [Springs; 850 & 863, Shocks; N73L & N74L, Steering Damper, Caster Kit] (****)
Tires, set one; Goodyear MT/R 305-70-16 on stock alloys (***)
Tires, set two; Mickey Thomson Baja Claws (35X13.50-16LT-6 ply) on MB Motoring 70 Aluminum Wheels 16x8 (**)
SS Extended Brake Lines (****)
Slee Heavy Duty Relay Rod and Tie Rod w/Ends (*****)
Slee Sway bar Drop Brackets and Blocks (***)
Slee Bump Stop Blocks (***)
Slee Light Upgrade Harnesses (****)
Pro Comp Driving Lights (***)
Hella Horn (-*)
Tire mount (*)
Speedometer Correction Gear (****)
Toyota Side Markers (****)
Toyota Center Diff Lock Switch (*****)
Toyota Hand Throttle (****)
Toyota Auxiliary Light Switch (***)
Winch (***)

My personal creations…
Hi lift mount – basically a set of muffler clamps (****)
Camera mount – basically a 1/2” conduit flattened with two holes drilled out (***)
Magnets – a 50x2 foot length of flexible magnet cut to fit (**** and a half)

I’ve had this truck for a very long time and I couldn’t be happier with it, but things really started to come together after learning so much about it from this forum. Attached are some of the latest pics.
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG

I found out about this forum through Gumby, whom I met at a local meeting back in Feb of ‘03. And yes that name dropping. :grinpimp:
4.JPG
14 cliffs.JPG
15 cliffs.JPG

Ok now I know this first one looks bad (major poser shot) but it was for a Memorial Day parade. The next two show the early wheeling days basically stock.
5 Memorial Day Parade 04.jpg
6 badands.JPG
7 dune.jpg

nice truck, you got the best year:), a 93 with 70k miles, sweet!! you'll love surf and turf see you there, you are driving to Ca from chicago?

This is a shot of my 35 inch Baja Claws on the 80 even with the stock suspension, yes I said stock suspension and 35 inch tires.
8 35inClawsNoLift.JPG
9 35inClawsNoLift.JPG
16 cliffs.JPG

And this is what happens when you wheel the Badlands with stock running boards and this is what you give yourself for Christmas. Oh and if you haven’t noticed I’m slipping in extra photos that don’t really match up with the captions.
10 OuchLF.jpg
11 Christmas.JPG
17 cliffs.JPG

Whats with the paint in the last pic?

4 1/2 star mod- 50x2 foot magnets?

The 80 helping out the 40. And this is on top of the poop pile at my buddy’s farm. I go over there to help him out in his barn and I never really asked him why there was a hill there but I decide to climb it when he’s not looking and when he sees me he start laughing and told me that’s where all the old horse poop is stored. I’m my defense it does have a layer of dirt and quite a bit of vegetation hiding it. I didn’t sink so all is well.
12 helping the 40.JPG
13 poop pile.JPG
18 cliffs.JPG

Scott_sFZJ80 said:
The 80 helping out the 40. And this is on top of the poop pile at my buddy’s farm. I go over there to help him out in his barn and I never really asked him why there was a hill there but I decide to climb it when he’s not looking and when he sees me he start laughing and told me that’s where all the old horse poop is stored. I’m my defense it does have a layer of dirt and quite a bit of vegetation hiding it. I didn’t sink so all is well.

What do you have covering your rig in the last pic? It goes from shiny to non shiny brown...

Very nice rig, love the slee front bumper. How did the MTR's do on the road, wear wise?

nmostofi said:
nice truck, you got the best year:), a 93 with 70k miles, sweet!! you'll love surf and turf see you there, you are driving to Ca from chicago?

Thanks. Yea I love the fact that it only has 70k on it, but lately I have been trying to drive it more frequently. I actually put more hours on it wheeling it than on the highway. Unfortunately, I can't get away long enough to drive to Cali so I am forced to fly and rent a Toyota. I am very much looking forward to it, see you there!

nyk438 said:
Whats with the paint in the last pic?

That would be my custom made magnet paint protector. I never go wheeling without it, it’s one of my best mods.

FirstToy said:
4 1/2 star mod- 50x2 foot magnets?

I ordered a 50’ roll of magnet from this place, http://www.magnets-flexible.com/sheets.htm and cut to fit the body panels. It obviously won’t protect the truck from everything but it was only designed for brush and it works great at that. I gave it a 4 1/2 star rating because it not perfect. It never comes off on the trail but can sometimes fly off at >60mph.

Scott_sFZJ80 said:
That would be my custom made magnet paint protector. I never go wheeling without it, it’s one of my best mods.

Never heard of that, how does it work and how much do the cost if you bought it.

Edit: saw that you made it, how did you do it? Wouldn't mind that for mine.

LandCruiserPhil said:
93' w/70k ...Nice
Good looking 80
You didnt rate the Mickey Thomson Baja Claws they look great but how are they on the road?

Thanks. I kind of combined the rating of the Claws and the wheels. The reason for the two star rating was because of its road noise and handling. But they look cool.

nyk438 said:
What do you have covering your rig in the last pic? It goes from shiny to non shiny brown...

Very nice rig, love the slee front bumper. How did the MTR's do on the road, wear wise?

Magnets...

Thanks. I don’t have very miles on the MTRs so I can’t say on the wear but the road manners are great so far. And they do fine off road. I know its Junks favorite tire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom