ROTW Calphi27's 1990 FJ62 aka Hogmauler (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah Im glad those running boards came off. They did however help with people riding on the side while I drove. I am just glad I got my pair of sliders on now!

I am about to turn 24 btw, not to rub it in your older gents faces.

I am surprised no one commented on the truck resting on 4x4s and 6x6s in the lift install pics. I guess I'm not the only one who has done that. I was scared at first, but I put jackstands where they could reach on the frame. I installed it at my friends carport, and his dad said blocks were ok. We built two heeps, an old bronco, and my cruiser there.

Yeah Im glad those running boards came off. They did however help with people riding on the side while I drove. I am just glad I got my pair of sliders on now!

I am about to turn 24 btw, not to rub it in your older gents faces.

I am surprised no one commented on the truck resting on 4x4s and 6x6s in the lift install pics. I guess I'm not the only one who has done that. I was scared at first, but I put jackstands where they could reach on the frame. I installed it at my friends carport, and his dad said blocks were ok. We built two heeps, an old bronco, and my cruiser there.

Honestly I just use cinderblocks when I work on my rigs. BTW 27 here.

Hey those blocks are positively rock solid!! Take a look at how we did the frame swap on my truck in Tegucigalpa, Honduras for scary!!

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=76509

With regards to running boards, there were a set on my truck when I bought it nearly 20 years ago. The VERY FIRST mod I made was removing them, and I had a 1 year old and three year old at the time too!

Hey those blocks are positively rock solid!! Take a look at how we did the frame swap on my truck in Tegucigalpa, Honduras for scary!!

With regards to running boards, there were a set on my truck when I bought it nearly 20 years ago. The VERY FIRST mod I made was removing them, and I had a 1 year old and three year old at the time too!

I remember following your thread back then. Well I dont feel too bad about the 6x6s now seeing your body up on rubber tires and rims.

I remeber setting mine down on the 4x4s first. My fingers were crossed as the weight was put on them. They made all sorts of noise and even bowed out a bit. I was scared, so that is why I put the 6x6s down there with jackstand backups on the frame.

I have driven about 20 feet with the tent open. I had to move campsites. It was fine as long as someone was holding the ladder up.

Wow, that just seems like it was ages ago! It was fun to follow.

Well guys thanks for all the comments! If you have not already, please signup for the ROTW.

Thanks mace for putting this together!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom