ROTM- klinetime574 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gotcha. I have never welded sliders onto my truck but I thought the purpose was to distribute the weight better. Either way, if you tested it and it works, it's difficult to argue with that.

Looks great man:cheers:

Thanks Man. And they are tough. Can't wait to get them painted and use them!

nice rig and nice sliders. the purpose of the scab plate is to spread the weld out over the frame. I doubt you will have an issue but that much weld on a small area of the frame can create a weekened zone that can rip out if you come down on something hard.

nice rig and nice sliders. the purpose of the scab plate is to spread the weld out over the frame. I doubt you will have an issue but that much weld on a small area of the frame can create a weekened zone that can rip out if you come down on something hard.

Thanks for answering that question about scab plates. I'm sure that I'm not going to be ripping these off the frame any time soon with the way I use my cruiser. DD/ Light Wheeler.

Thanks for the props!

Hou man cool story!! Even cooler your Dad kept the newspaper clipping with the add.. Btw, out of curiosity what does your twin brother drive? Is he into wheeling too? Me and my brother are 3 years apart and we are both Land Cruiser junkies!! We should have been twins..

One other thing are you Happa Haole?

Great job keeping it in the family!

ScottyDog

Btw, out of curiosity what does your twin brother drive? Is he into wheeling too? Me and my brother are 3 years apart and we are both Land Cruiser junkies!! We should have been twins..

One other thing are you Happa Haole?

My bro drives a 89 240sx with a CA18DET motorswap. Pretty much the opposite of a Landcruiser. He still likes mine and I like his so it works out well.

Davids240sx.jpg

I had to google Hapa Haole :D

My mother is half Japanese so that makes me a quarter Japanese, I've never heard of that term before so correct me if I was using the wrong definition. The rest is my Dad's side of the family, which I believe came from German descent.

Last edited:
Yea, your still happa haole! Island slang for half Japanese or asian and caucasion.. LOL.. my brother and I too.. except my dad is from Japan/Hawaii and my mom is from Alabama of all places... Happa/Redneck is more like it tho...

Nice 240 your brother got, and sometimes a good change of pace from time to time. I do the same with my wife's Honda Accord.. to me it feels like a go-cart compared to driving my 80.

My buddie is currently building a 1972 Datsun 510 with a turbocharged SR20... so sick!

Anyway again.. good looking 60!

Take care...
ScottyDog

Thanks ScottyDog!

Here are some pictures I took yesterday in some tall grass by my Dad's house.

grass1.jpg

grass2.jpg

Stealth Mode :D

Last edited:
You ever get that lock-right installed?

Not yet. I've been playing with other stuff.

I rebuilt my blower motor today and put on a new fuel filter, changed the oil yesterday etc. Just getting ready for Gilmer.

My blower motor just has a bad wire. If I jiggle it around it kicks on and off haha. It runs quieter now I just need to fix the wire and it should be golden.

I also need to paint my sliders still :eek:

I think I am going to brush on Rustoleum Gloss Black because my Dad has some in the garage :D

See you have more progress done on your Slider/locker install than I do. Both are just sitting in my garage.

Gonna be getting my new exhaust done hopefully next week though, that should make the sliders a lot more clean and easy to put on.

See you have more progress done on your Slider/locker install than I do. Both are just sitting in my garage.

Gonna be getting my new exhaust done hopefully next week though, that should make the sliders a lot more clean and easy to put on.

What muffler are you going with for the exhaust?

I got one slider fully painted today; the other is primed. The only picture I have blows cause I took it at night time... so tomorrow :D

I am going to attempt the locker tomorrow after I finish up the sliders. Hopefully it makes more sense when I'm in there.

I fixed the wire on the blower motor, thing runs like a champ, I even painted the bracket that bolts to the intake manifold for the heat sensor :hillbilly:

I like working on this thing :wrench:

Got the sliders fully painted and the u-bolts torqued today.

paint1.jpg

Carb wire fix

Had to cut it behind the short and install a new wire.

carbwire.jpg

I sure miss this garage when I am at school :crybaby:

garage.jpg

My excuse for not getting the locker installed. I was watching my brother get his engine bay painted. :D

All the parts

240.1.jpg

The neighbors love this I'm sure haha

240.2.jpg

More fun tomorrow :banana:

Last edited:
I think I was quoted for a generic muffler. It's pretty much gonna be the same setup as FrontRange4x4's exhaust.

Long live the 84's ! :cheers:

My oldest boy wanted to know "when you die can I have the land crusier" I told him it would be up to his mom.
That was ten years ago, I am not giving up the ship "or my truck" yet.:cool:
GOD BLESS ...

my 14 year old asked me also I told him I was gettin buried in it :hillbilly: he just looked at me like "WHAT"

great story ... even better wright up... make sure you bring it to round up in march

Nice story! Yeah I like the flyer add , I remember those prices. I remember in 84 going for a test ride in a BJ 60, Well anyhow dad bought an 1984 Toyota Camry instead:eek:

Thanks for posting

Thanks for the compliments prado t and oldcarsmaniac!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom