*Roof Top Tent Group Buy* (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fj moneypit

Cubic Zirconia Member
SILVER Star
Threads
***UPDATE as of 10/2***

Everything sold! Thanks to all who got in on it quickly. Group buy is now closed!

Ok guys there has been a lot of interest in an affordable roof top tent Group Buy. I'm working with Jason over at Trail Tailor to get a Group Buy going. He is just about to make an order to replenish his stock on RTTs, annex's and awnings and is willing to give us a discounted rate with his next stocking order. This Group Buy will be limited to 10 buyers and will require a 50% deposit. The remaining balance and actual shipping cost will be due before RTT is shipped to buyer. Tents will be manufactured to spec and shipped from overseas source to Trail Tailor in Redding CA. From there, a tentative ship date to buyers will be around mid December. The Group Buy will run only until October 8th that way orders will be completed in a timely manner to keep with schedule. Now on to RTTs and pricing!

Price per RTT is as follows:

$830.00 for the standard tent plus shipping.
$890.00 for the extended entrance tent plus shipping.
Shipping will be actual cost from Redding, CA to buyer’s address.

Shipping cost breakdown:

Shipping from CA to CO will be ~ $190.00 +/- $20
Shipping from CA east of CO ~ $250.00 +/- $20

Roof Top Tent (RTT) Specs:

RTT color is Khaki with a coffee color rainfly only see pictures
Base- Aluminum sheets and insulated foam
Stitching- double stitch seams
Ladder- sliding telescoping aluminum ladder w/ 3 adjustments
Vents- Velcro vents for extra circulation
Zippers- SBS heavy duty zippers
Hinges/Hardware- Aluminum and stainless steel
Rainfly Fabric: 600D Waterproof Polyester
Body Fabric- High Quality 280 gram/ 600D Rip-Stop waterproof poly-cotton (Upgraded from standard 260 gram poly/ 420D)
Mosquito screens- see through mesh
Mattress: High density foam 3" thick (Upgraded from standard 2-2.5” inch mattress)
Internal Frame: 1"O.D. aluminum tube (upgraded from standard 5/8” tubing)
Frame- Aluminum
Stainless spring steel rods and copper eyelets
Base Construction: Welded aluminum square tube and aluminum anti-scratch sheet
Travel Cover: 1000D Heavy duty vinyl- black

Upgrades have been made to these RTTs for better comfort and durability
If you want an annex for your RTT here is the cost breakdown:

Annex for standard RTT is $110.00
Annex for extended RTT $130.00
Annex Shipping is 12.00 extra to any RTT price.

Awning info: see pics in thread. Pm or leave comments for questions.

2M x 2M awnings are 200.00 plus actual shipping
Batwing/ 270 degree awnings are 390.00 plus actual shipping
Shipping from CA to CO will be 39.00 +/-$8
Shipping from CA east of CO ~45.00 +/-$8

Please if interested in the RTT group buy let me know soon before the October 8th deadline! Come on guys lets get this group buy underway we can do this!

1.jpg
roof top tent 5 (2).jpg
STD TT2.jpg
IMG_20161026_121706053.jpg
BigBull_BigBull_IMG_9185.JPG

Last edited:
No option for a hard shell RTT? The manufacturers sites I have found generally seem to offer both and will mix and match to meet minimum orders.

Dimensions? Weight? Mounting?

I am interested. Can't tell from pics, but does rainfly have buckles to attach?

No option for a hard shell RTT? The manufacturers sites I have found generally seem to offer both and will mix and match to meet minimum orders.

They had a few hardtops on the floor I got to see, but they had only been making them for about a year at that time. The prices were higher and they actually recommended me to another builder in the area with better pricing and experience with the hardtop tents.

Difference is I just didn't open a tent webpage and order a tent they had pictured. This is what these group buys for tents generally are. A sight unseen tent. We went to this facility (and a few others) about 2 years ago and got to see the parts, meet the people, and touch and feel fabrics, look at sewing/stitch techniques and compare things.

All of these tent parts are made from 1 or 2 main manufacturers and then sold to say 50-100 assemblers/builders that make a little change, assemble and resell as their own design. Where the difference is in the way the assembly takes place. Some of these companies hire assemblers for 2-6 weeks at a time when they get an order in and offer them a bonus per tent to meet a deadline. THIS IS NOT WHERE YOU WANT A TENT MADE. My suppliers have a full office staff and assembly team that work at the same jobs year round. I've talked to the same people (office, production and warehouse) since day one, almost 2 years ago. This company continues to mainly make the soft RTT and from talks that is where they prefer to stay focused.

I did inquire about the hardtop tents and they said they have made many advances and have a handful of dedicated assemblers now. I may request that one be made/added to this order so I can inspect and compare pictures from 2 years ago. But for now, I would recommend you look at a different hard top offering.

One thing to remember here is that these are tents for Trail Tailor and branded with my name and logo. I will continue to sell these as long as there is a decent market for them. I'm not selling a tent has never been used or seen by anyone before. Just like all my other TT products. If something new and more advanced can be added in the future, I will upgrade.

Thanks,

Jason

J

Extended Tent- 132#
Closed:
56" x 48" x 12"

Open:
56" x 123" x 48"

Standard Tent- 121#
closed:
56" x 48" x 12"

Open:
56" x 96" x 48"

Mounts to crossbars or roof racks with supplied hardware.

J

So are the 123" vs the 96" actual sleeping length area of the standard vs extended? Or is it just an extended awning on the end? I'm 6'7" and want a RTT for my 80, but wondering how I'll fit! Could be in on this.

So are the 123" vs the 96" actual sleeping length area of the standard vs extended? Or is it just an extended awning on the end? I'm 6'7" and want a RTT for my 80, but wondering how I'll fit! Could be in on this.

96" is the actual open size and the extended 27" to make up 123" is just a covered entrance. Sleep area is identical.

The mattress is ~4-5" shorter than the open size.

Jason

A full size bed is 54x74. 56x96 seems like it should sleep 2-3. Or as my buddy says, "Sleeps 2, F***s 4"

Any sort of guarantee/warranty?

Just like anything else I sell at TRAIL TAILOR, it carries a 12 month warranty against manufacturing defects.

A full size bed is 54x74. 56x96 seems like it should sleep 2-3. Or as my buddy says, "Sleeps 2, F***s 4"

Yes, these are considered a 2-3 person tent. Pretty sure same size as a Shasta, Autana or Simpson. Man, woman and small child are what I'd say.

J

Wow, just a question. I didn't mean to impugn you reputation or pressure you into doing something you didn't have an interest in...

Last edited:
Looks like a nice tent...it's got me thinking. Is there a floor in the annex . My dog can't climb the ladder. I'd hate for her feet to get cold at night.

Dave,

I can order the annexes, batwing or standard awnings (with walls) with a full PVC floor. I have one for my batwing campsite on my 100.

J

Wow, just a question. I didn't mean to immune you reputation or pressure you into doing something you didn't have an interest in...

Like I said, thanks for the question. If you didn't ask, I'm sure someone else would have. A majority of these "buys" are for guys trying to get a free tent out of the deal and make a few bucks. At my prices and the cost of upgrade fees etc... I'm at 108.00 per tent profit, IF NOTHING GOES WRONG. One damaged tent and I'm at a loss for the most part. It's to help the guys out that want a quality tent without having to pay for a name brand.

If I knew the hard top tents were spot on... I would entertain looking into them. They will let me know when they feel comfortable with the quality of their hard tops. At that point I will get one to test. This may be next year or 5 years from now.

If you have read anything about me or my company, I'm straight up and painfully direct. I do this for the fun, the passion and not for a living.

J

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom