Roof Rack Wire Routing (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.wastingtimeinthewoods.com
How have you guys routed the wires for your roof rack electrical accessories? I'm getting ready to build harnesses for camp lights around the corners of my rack and I'd really rather not route through the cab and spit out the back only to extend the run all the way to the front of the cab again for the front lights. Anyone routed up the windshield without a snorkel? I can come out through the cowl seal behind the hood but I'm not sure how I can secure the harness to the pillar

My lights are mounted on my rack. Wiring runs into the rear hatch area. It's a fairly clean install.

My concern with running wiring down the windshield, if on the outside, wind buffeting might cause wiring to come loose. If running through a front door jamb, chances of leaks and paint damage would turn me off.

How have you guys routed the wires for your roof rack electrical accessories? I'm getting ready to build harnesses for camp lights around the corners of my rack and I'd really rather not route through the cab and spit out the back only to extend the run all the way to the front of the cab again for the front lights. Anyone routed up the windshield without a snorkel? I can come out through the cowl seal behind the hood but I'm not sure how I can secure the harness to the pillar
Drill LOT's of holes in your roof!!!
(just kidding...)
The wires from my rack run down the passenger side of windshield, stuffed in that recess, behind the "A" pillar and then smoothed over with silicone.
The guys who did my rack did a nice job. I'll see if I can take some photos.

Not sure if these help.
20221107_082021.jpg
20221107_082033.jpg

My lights are mounted on my rack. Wiring runs into the rear hatch area. It's a fairly clean install.

My concern with running wiring down the windshield, if on the outside, wind buffeting might cause wiring to come loose. If running through a front door jamb, chances of leaks and paint damage would turn me off.
Do you have any pics? My fuse block is in rear and I’d like to run wiring through rear hatch. Thanks!

See post #299

Down the back door jamb, behind the notched taillight housing, ran along the frame to the sPOD source under the hood.

See post #299

Down the back door jamb, behind the notched taillight housing, ran along the frame to the sPOD source under the hood.
Looks great. TY!

if you are only running 2 wires for a front lightbar, tucking in the window grove works alright.
I ran 6 circuits to my roof for front, ditch, each side, and rear lights. plus a circuit for amber accent lights. the KC lights wire hider is awesome I have 1 on each side of the windshield.

Last edited:
Do you have any pics? My fuse block is in rear and I’d like to run wiring through rear hatch. Thanks!
Sorry to take so long replying to you.

I don't have pics currently. My GX is covered in mud, it's dark, and freaking cold outside (28 degrees on Phoenix! WTF?!) so I'm not taking photos tonight. However the description in post #12 is how my wiring is installed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom