roof rack recommendation - 94' 80 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi folks,
Any recommendations on a roof rack for a 1994 80 series? I've scanned the forums and have found mention of Baja and Inti. Yakama is out - too light weight. I need a rack for the spare, jack and misc stuff.. not for camping. Having good contacts, perhaps rubber pads, look important to avoid rust.
thank you!
Gary

Wow! Thanks everyone, great examples. I like the longer ones that work with sunroofs. Unfortunately I don't have buddies with welding experience. :) Anyone run into problems with the mounts rusting or damaging the roof and causing rust?

Anyone run into problems with the mounts rusting or damaging the roof and causing rust?

Nope. Use some old fuel line, or air hose, or some other type of rubber tubing as an isolator. Just cut a section about as long as your gutter mount, then slit it sideways and slip over the mount. It'll then squish inside the rain gutter and prevent scratches, as well as help isolate any potential rattles or vibration.

I just got a Gamiviti expo rack, sweet setup and only weighs 50lbs. Look it up at Gamiviti.com
I plan on using it for surfboards stand up paddleboards and my rtt

Installed a home made wind faring on the front of the Gamiviti rack, first I flipped it over and used the Yakima A1 towers after some mods. Ordered a sheet of ABS plastic online and cut to shape, attached with zipties.. It came out pretty good and dramatically cut the wind noise, I can actually keep the sunroof open now.

IMG_20121011_091407.jpg

IMG_20121011_091430.jpg

IMG_20121011_091436.jpg
IMG_20121011_091407.jpg
IMG_20121011_091430.jpg
IMG_20121011_091436.jpg

I beat snow board will work as well in this application, little trimming here and there and it could create a perfect wind deflector.:cheers::cheers:

Perfect addition Charleston. Gamiviti would be my rack of choice, but he's currently out of the rack I'd like.

Thanks RedSoxCruiser. Labrak looks very well engineered. Appears to only be selling a rack for a 100 series. Will keep an eye on them. Nice write up btw about your experiences and vehicles!

He has 80 series gutter drain mounts they just haven't made it onto the website yet. PM him and he can get you a quote.

Thanks RedSoxCruiser, I missed your links to the gutter mounts. Very solid looking. I've emails labrak asking about rack inventory for 80 series.

Hi RedSocksCruiser, All,
An update: A year ago I bought an awesome looking rack from Labrak. I waited while updates were being made, and about 6 months ago received the bars and crossmounts. I've been asking for, and waiting for the gutter mounts and a pair of cool camp lights. I'm guessing they were lost in the mail, or perhaps never mailed, but haven't heard. Anyone have direct contact with Labrak? I'm unable to get a reply via email.
thank you,
-Gary

I have a Wildness Full Size rack on mine. It has the spare tire mount, hi-lift jack and shovel mount. I ended up getting the wind deflector and it has made a huge reduction in sound. It is heavy, I can post some pics if you like…?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom