1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

roof rack mounts

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by dawgdaze, Feb 28, 2004.

1. dawgdaze

dawgdaze

I am in the process of building a custom roof rack. My question is, what is the best way to mount to top of fj-62. I do not feel my factory bars will support a loaded rack. I have looked at Thule. Are these the best way? Is there a way to make some mounts? Thanks in advance.

2. TJDIV

TJDIV Back in The U.P.

Media:
    Albums:
  3. Mike S

Mike S

4. TOZOVR

TOZOVR

[​IMG]

These are nice but $$$

Bull Dog by COnferr

5. TJDIV

TJDIV Back in The U.P.

Media:
    Albums:
    [quote author=TOZOVR link=board=1;threadid=12241;start=msg112397#msg112397 date=1078011873]
    [​IMG]

These are nice but $$$

Bull Dog by COnferr
    [/quote]

Yeah, those are nice!!

The link I posted for the commercial racks is one of very few I found that I felt comfortable with on weight capabilities. Although the second link in Mike's post will hold up to 660lbs.

Depends on what you need it for; all look like they'd be good for a base platform.

6. cwb

cwb

If you want to go with rain gutter mounts ( I would), look for "Quik N Easy." I bought some from Specter in the 4 inch version. They're fairly inexpensive and for the money are pretty decent. I ordered the shorter ones and had to add a couple of washers to get enough space to completely clear the center of the roof (on an fj60). But I was going for low profile.