Roll Call For March Cleanup! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
SATURDAY MARCH 5TH
COCHRAN COKE OVENS

I'm in. Both John (my shotgunner from Sheeps Bridge cleanup) and Paul (my brother in law) will also be attending.

I will also be attending the TTORA AZROCKS event that starts on Thursday March 3rd.

We can bring people in from either the Box Canyon side or across the river from the Florence Kerney Highway. The latter being the much further yet faster and easier way in.

We need a way to haul out the garbage (lots of it). Anyone with working 101's should probably bring them. We also need to figure out the logistics of dumping the trash.

**EDIT 2/15/05**

Logistics are as follows:

Metting time : 9AM

Meeting place: Price Road and hiway 79 north end of Florence (Next to the RR X-ing)
Here, we will split into 2 groups.

Group 1 goin in through Box Canyon and out to the site. This trip will take a while depending on how many stops made and group size. This is "The Trail" for those who have not been to the Coke Ovens in the past, It's the way to go and the group you want to be in.

Group 2 will be going the long way around and entering the site from the south side of the Gila. This trip has alot more road miles but is virtually paved all the way to the Gila. It will take approx. 1+/- to go in this way. I will be with this group and and hoping to get a little jump on the other group by going in this way.

Please come prepared! There will be "some" garbage bags available on site but if you'd like to bring some of your own please feel free. Being as how this is only our second club cleanup, we do not have a a "club stash" of garbage bags and cleanup supplies. Please bring gloves and whatever supplies you might need.

The cleanup will last until everything kinda winds down. This is a huge undertaking and I don't expect that we'll get everything on this one trip but it'll sure be nice to make as big a dent as possable.

Raffle will be held onsite directly before pull-out. Each participant will receive a raffle ticket for the raffle.

If you have any additional questions please PM me here or shoot me an email at BMAN5@COX.NET

EDIT***2-21-05

Depending on the rain and water situation the group heading in the back way might get moved to a more traditional entry through box canyon. This might be cause for a much longer trip in with a much larger group. If this is the case please remember that "Patience is a Virtue". If the river is too high, as I expect it to be, we will have to exit the same way we come in. This will also be an adventure with rigs loaded full of trash. Please be prepared for a very long day.

Deffinate Attendees as of today are as follows:

Branden "Bman" +1 : FJ40
Clay "Rhino" : FJ55 and trailer
Pasqual "DesertDude" : Taco and trailer(?)
Lee "Accasbel" : FJ60
Dustin "Rush55" : Questionable in his 55
John "Sir-Titus" : in his mini
John "Offroader5" : Jeep Cherokee
4 deffinates from the AZVJC posting: All in Jeeps

Looking at the TTORA sign up sheet, there will be a large group from that run heading out there also. Maybe some of them will jump in to help too.

Last edited:
Count me in!!!!
I have the long bed truck so I can haull alot.

You know I am in. I can bring a trailer and even haul it away to the landfill to the north if I have to.

I have in my hand two raffle items that were too late for the last raffle.

We might even have little flags and Tees before then... :bounce:

Prez. send me some logistics on the area so I can post it on the calendar :idea:

I should be able to make it. I will see if my Jeep brother will come too. I have never been to the coke ovens and always wanted to. Can we go in one way and out another?

Sean

Logistics are basically as follows:

We can go in through Box Canyon. This (depending on vehicle quantity) is a pretty long run. It's not a hard run per'se but it's a little technical. Regardless of which way we go in, we should exit across the river and out to the Kerney highway. Some may chose to go in and out by way of the Kerney highway. I will be onsite at the TTORA event from thursday through sunday anyway so I may head in the back way early and meet the people who come in from box canyon.

Cleanup is still TBA on the calendar?

i vote for goin in box canyon, it adds alot to the overall funness. and dont let the wussiness of BMAN scare any of you, a bone stock chevy longbed ran it a couple times w/o incident. its a pretty mellow trail.

Yes the trail is stocker friendly and actually quite easy. It is however IMO a little technical as I said above. I can see longer wheelbases having an easier time with this trail for sure. I'm not being a wuss about it, and I'm surely not trying to scare anyone off. I am however trying to let everyone know a little about the trail so that they aren't at all surprised.

LOL :) yup it is just technical enough to make it fun for all and maybe just a bit challenging to a more stock vehicle.

NOTE TO ALL WHO ATTEND!

We will hold our raffle on site at the Coke Ovens after our cleanup. The TTORA group will also be holding their raffle and cookout on Saturday night back at their base camp. I plan to stay at their camp on both Friday and Saturday nights at a minimum, and maybe Thursday night also although doubtful.

Depending on financial/job status, the wife and I should be able to attend.

I'll make this sticky until the event passes.

It's a done deal bro. I've been talking to the new Prez and the VP who's ass I saved at the last AZROCKS and they are expecting us to show up in force. I just think that it'll be cool to represent as a group at the base camp. Also TTORA has just opened up membership to all Toyota 4x4 owners so this year we'll be even more welcome to hang than in the past (not that we would've ever been frowned upon). These guys klnow where the roots lie. There were close to 150 rigs at the 03 event and I would expect that # to be closer to 300 this year. It's gonna be killer. There will be trails for everyone.

Is this still on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom