roll cage (take 1) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks pretty nice .. and the A pilars are awesome .. great clearance. just see that you don't use a bar from pilar A to the other pilar A down the dash.

A bar across the the dash in many locations in the US will be seen as blocking the windshield and is not allowed for a rig driven on the road. The cage looks very nice. I would offer the option of plates to tie the cage into the frame under the truck.

looks really nice im wanting to get one of these in the nearing future as i continue to push my truck harder and harder.

Looks great and would definitely love to install one in my truck, but I too would like to see it stuck to the frame as well. Curious what the A pillar floor mounts look like to see the spacing and their exact location.

Looks amazing! :cheers:

Also diggin the the multi use gussets.

The only thing i ever heard negitive about the way the floor plates are done is it creates a perfect shear point to tear the body in a event of a roll over, just what i heard, as anyone else heard of this?

i've been told to make the two plates different sizes for this same reason.
plates the same size will act like scissors.

i like it!

The only thing i ever heard negitive about the way the floor plates are done is it creates a perfect shear point to tear the body in a event of a roll over, just what i heard, as anyone else heard of this?

It would be easy to adjust the size of the plates.

Looks great and would definitely love to install one in my truck, but I too would like to see it stuck to the frame as well. Curious what the A pillar floor mounts look like to see the spacing and their exact location.

Thanks for the feedback. It won't take much to tie this cage into the frame.

In my pics up top you can see exactly where the A pillar ties into the floor. There are shots from the top, and bottom of the cab.

still a sweet cage !!!!!!!

Most def! I'll second that.

I'll also second the idea of staggering the floor sandwiching plate sizes to avoid scissoring through. Also, a knee bar option would make those A-piilars happier for the really stupid crowd. Wouldn't even need to weld the knee bar in, just use some T'd tubeclamps to allow end customer assy, R&R for dash work, etc.

Just another web wheeler's $0.02

Great feedback gents!

Here is a shot of the floor reinforcement we added for the A & B pillars. I believe this should neutralize any of the sheer effect you would experience from using the same sized sandwich plates.

~Bob
IMG_1821.JPG

Looks like a really good fit.

amazing job!
Id love to get a cage in my rig, preferably before I roll and have to do a chop top!

Very nice work!

Chicago

muddogbog, i maybe be missing how the slip joint works. this is how i think works and if i am wrong sry. so the upper 3/4 's of the cage's slip inside of the base and you lower the cage to get the top welded then raise to the desired height and weld the seam so the cage wont come back down. if that is how it works i would entertain the idea of a plug weld or two on each slip joint and maybe making the slip joint not straight across the top. kinda like when u weld on a frame you try not to weld straight up and down but instead at angles up. anyway i still love the cage, hats off to you for a smooth looking cage.

cheers chappy

Is this Kit From Metal Tech? Looks just like LT's design!

2x looks like a copy of metal tech's.......... mine wasnt tied to the frame when I roll held up good but its tied now and i have a dash Bar but its topless and off road only

muddogbog, i maybe be missing how the slip joint works. this is how i think works and if i am wrong sry. so the upper 3/4 's of the cage's slip inside of the base and you lower the cage to get the top welded then raise to the desired height and weld the seam so the cage wont come back down. if that is how it works i would entertain the idea of a plug weld or two on each slip joint and maybe making the slip joint not straight across the top. kinda like when u weld on a frame you try not to weld straight up and down but instead at angles up. anyway i still love the cage, hats off to you for a smooth looking cage.

cheers chappy

Good ideas. We've considered plug welding, but decided against. If the cage ever did need to be removed from the vehicle, we would be able to cut the welds fairly easily and reuse all of the parts. Plug welds would make this nearly impossible. We do feel however that this does not compromise the strength of the cage in any measurable fashion.

~Bob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom