Rock lights on roof rack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone attempted to roof rack mounted rock lights through the rear cargo area?

Any ideas are appreciated.

I was thinking of gluing (silicone) the wire on the rain gutter and then into the cargo area.

I don't want to go to the dash to turn them on.. Not lazy!! Just functional since I have an electrical panel in the rear for accessories.

If you have a roof rack to mount them you can run your wires from the back hatch up to the roof rack. The rear hatch has enough room in the weather strip to do this.

I’d suggest a weatherproof disconnect so that if you ever want to take the rack off you don’t have to unbolt all the lights or dig into the electrical panel in the rear to disconnect them.

Has anyone attempted to roof rack mounted rock lights through the rear cargo area?

Any ideas are appreciated.

I was thinking of gluing (silicone) the wire on the rain gutter and then into the cargo area.

I don't want to go to the dash to turn them on.. Not lazy!! Just functional since I have an electrical panel in the rear for accessories.
I've spent a considerable amount of time working on this exact solution. The type of rack you have is the biggest variable in lighting choices, sort of.

If you have an area on the rear of the rack with a flat surface (perpendicular to the ground), you can mount flush or surface mount Rigid Industries SR-L spreaders:

SR-L flush:surface mount.png

Custom mounts can also be made to accommodate whatever:

SR-L custom mount.jpg

A few other ideas:

Baja Designs Rock/dome light mount

baja rock light mount.jpg

Limited space, good option:

MicroBilletLight.jpg

And this is the one I'm hoping @TRAIL TAILOR can do his wizardry on:

3rdBrakeLight.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back