RIGID Flush Mount Pod Install in Front Bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a stock front bumper and wanted fog lights, so I did a bunch of research and found out about those flush mount LED pods. I figured I could install a pair in my front bumper on either side, so I ordered a pair from RIGID that were amber in color and have a flood beam. D-Series PRO - https://www.rigidindustries.com/led-lighting/212123.

1. Tape off the area which you want to install the lights into, and then tape the included template on top. Measure it out however you want, I just centered it within the (mostly) flat parts of the end of each side. (Ignore the mangled mess of a bumper on top, got into an accident in November. Thanks @Capital E for the replacement!)

IMG_4236.jpg

2. Mark where you need to cut and drill, and then cut and drill! I did it with a Dremel and went through about 3 metal cutoff wheels because I don't own an angle grinder. Took forever but it worked.

IMG_4265.jpg

3. Sand the edges smooth!!!!!!
4. Get it painted/powdercoated something nice if applicable.

IMG_4718.jpg

5. Slap em on there and call it a day.
IMG_5326.jpg

6. Bonus points for wiring them with an OEM fog light switch.
20190805_151020 (2).jpg

The flood beam is obviously different than a fog beam, as they point up and down instead of just down, and I don't think these lights are "legal" for on-road use. However, they definitely work great as fog lights, illuminating the sides of the road and right in front of you. I've never been flashed or anything for using them on public roads, which I think the amber color helps with. White ones might be too bright, and the amber looks really cool and is great for fog, rain, and snow.

Sweet !! Looks clean and done right. Good right up. :)

I’ll be using your techniques to cut into the hood and mount a set of vents. Thanks

I have a stock front bumper and wanted fog lights, so I did a bunch of research and found out about those flush mount LED pods. I figured I could install a pair in my front bumper on either side, so I ordered a pair from RIGID that were amber in color and have a flood beam. D-Series PRO - https://www.rigidindustries.com/led-lighting/212123.

1. Tape off the area which you want to install the lights into, and then tape the included template on top. Measure it out however you want, I just centered it within the (mostly) flat parts of the end of each side. (Ignore the mangled mess of a bumper on top, got into an accident in November. Thanks @Capital E for the replacement!)

View attachment 2588317

2. Mark where you need to cut and drill, and then cut and drill! I did it with a Dremel and went through about 3 metal cutoff wheels because I don't own an angle grinder. Took forever but it worked.

View attachment 2588319

3. Sand the edges smooth!!!!!!
4. Get it painted/powdercoated something nice if applicable.

View attachment 2588322

5. Slap em on there and call it a day.
View attachment 2588324
6. Bonus points for wiring them with an OEM fog light switch.
View attachment 2588325

The flood beam is obviously different than a fog beam, as they point up and down instead of just down, and I don't think these lights are "legal" for on-road use. However, they definitely work great as fog lights, illuminating the sides of the road and right in front of you. I've never been flashed or anything for using them on public roads, which I think the amber color helps with. White ones might be too bright, and the amber looks really cool and is great for fog, rain, and snow.
the only real question here is WHERE DID YOU GET THOSE SWITCHES?? are they OEM or aftermarket?

Here’s what they look like... slightly exaggerated because of the wide angle dashcam that is positioned high up, but you can see how they light up the road in relation to the headlights. I’m running 9012s in the low beams here as well.

6B9113B3-EC0E-46BA-89E8-91BBA4562282.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom