Right Passenger #locker stuck in Lock position (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Everyone, I have an 88 FJ62 and I noticed that the front right passenger wheel locker is stuck in lock and I can't move it to free. The left driver side allows me to move it from lock to free with ease. Any feedback on this would be appreciated.

The locking hub? Take off the 6 bolts and see if you can pull it out and inspect what's going on. You may need to rebuild it, not too difficult. See thread below:

Very likely one of the springs has popped out of position and is preventing the handle from turning. I had this happen on mine after I had cleaned and lubed the hubs....had apparently not set the spring back correctly. These are easy to pull apart and the only the spring is a little tricky to set but not requiring a degree in physics or any special tools. You should have a couple of the gaskets on hand but permatex 518 (formerly loctite 518) will also work if the surfaces are very clean and free of grease.

The locking hub? Take off the 6 bolts and see if you can pull it out and inspect what's going on. You may need to rebuild it, not too difficult. See thread below:

You are awesome! Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom