DIY “OEM” locker indicator (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Once they’re in the frame piece. It should look like this and you can pop it back into your gauge cluster.

View attachment 3454163

At this point it really just depends on how you have your lockers wired up. If you’re using the ARB harness and switches you could wire both positive wires to 12v and then each ground to the ground wire of your solenoid so when it flicks on it completes the circuit.

Or you could do the opposite and connect the grounds to a ground and the power to the power wire on the switch that turns on the switch light when the locker is engaged.

If you’re running Toyota Elockers or harrop e lockers I believe there’s a wire in those to activate an indicator light as well.

On my setup. I had @ChaserFJ60 3d print me a ac bezel thay uses 80 series switches. So the locker switch is the dial from an 80 and the compressor switch is a 80 defrost switch.

View attachment 3454164

If you want to wire it up using these switches, Witts end has a good diagram on how to wire the arb lockers and compressor using the Dial locker switch. I used like 90% of this diagram here:

Factory-Locker-Dial-with-ARB-lockers__50743.1613604309.png

The main thing that is different is that on the top where you see the two light bulbs for the indicators, you cant do it like that. The lights will be on all the time. So youll wire the ground wire of the led for the rear to the yellow wire in the arb harness and the ground of the front led to the green wire in the ARB harness, but for the 12v youll run both of the positive wires from both leds into pin 31 on this diagram or anywhere on that red wire. That will only let them turn on if the compressor switch is on, but they wont light up until the dial switch sends it ground. If you wire it to literally any other 12v the lights will be on all the time.

As far as wiring the Compressor switch to the defrost switch, I just used the EWD from the 80 series to see where to put the wires, if you actually are going to do that, shoot me a pm and i can take my dash apart to see where the wires went. I wired it up months ago. I do remember that 2 of the pins are from your rheostat (dimmer) for the night time illumination, then it gets power and ground for the amber bulb when you press it in, then one wire goes to the compressor i believe. Id have to look again. If you are wanting to do this just pm me and ill put the pin outs on here.
Thanks for the shout out! If anyone wants/needs a custom dash bezel I can make it for the FJ60.

Thanks for the shout out! If anyone wants/needs a custom dash bezel I can make it for the FJ60.
Chase, wish you had one for the 62. Would be perfect if I could do the "e" dial like Brian did to control the ARB. My 60 is cables so no need there.

@CenTXFJ60 @ChaserFJ60 what about in these spots? You could use his dual usb in one of those blanks and have the dial where the cig lighter went or in that blank spot next to the hvac?

Screenshot 2023-10-13 152142.png

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom