RIGd Ultraswing Mega on a 100 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ElHefe

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.austinlwright.com
I haven’t seen any pictures of an Ultraswing on a 100 series and I’m sure some of us are considering it. Without further delay, I present the Ultraswing Mega on btlcrzr.

FED683CA-03B0-4093-9696-70F1BC04CF45.jpeg

A23BA4A4-4B70-43E9-B22E-659D5E5A8B1A.jpeg

45F5DD6F-9A7E-4B36-8197-88BB9E707AD8.jpeg

How long of an extension do I need for my Thule XT Pro T2? 4 inches should clear a 12.5” wide tire.

CBD649D8-5E33-41E7-9A06-3445D473F496.jpeg

Does everything look ridiculous with a bike rack? Of course. This bike rack is ridiculous even without the Ultraswing.

99E366FA-87B1-4837-AE07-20636A14642C.jpeg

40F453DD-1E01-49A8-AE57-329AA83BFBA6.jpeg

Anything you should know?

Get the Mega if you want an Ultraswing. The fitment is nearly perfect. The multifit is narrower and the base arm is offset higher. The multifit will work but you may need an offset plate. Make sure to contact RIGd in advance to confirm.

You will need wheel spacers if you run this with stock 100/200 series wheels. I had an extra pair of Bora spacers from a recent wheel purchase. Shout out to Bret. Bear in mind you will need at least 2 extra inches. The Bora spacers work well when used with the RIGd wheel plate lug nuts because they recess into the spacers.

E37BB335-BF0C-4CDC-AB8B-6F0CC2A1B16E.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes, those tires look small and old. That’s because they are small and old. Wheels starting to look dated too.

Behold, my $100 Craigslist find (again, shout out to Bret). Ordering 275/70/18 and will be running Bora 1.25” spacers front and rear. Yes, those are five wheels in that box :)

F4EFE273-107C-4125-AB89-0CEEF1B7D7BE.jpeg

Looks awesome, im getting rid of my Wilco Hitch Swing for something like that. I need a good bike rack on there...had a hokey spare mounted one that kept screwing up my bikes paint job. I was about to buy one of these used off FB marketplace member and then found out it was a 2.5 hitch...made me sad. Was a good deal with all the bells and whistles.

Thanks for the review! I want to eventually pick one up and was going to go with the multi-fit based on Rigd's website recommendation. Your Mega fits perfect!

With the bike rack, I think your rig is now officially disqualified from compact car parking spaces. Just a hunch.

Looks great, how does this compare to the Wilco?

Looks great, how does this compare to the Wilco?

The Wilco is great....but the Rigd is specifically designed with adding a bike rack. Im reluctantly selling my Wilco just because of the need for a better bike mounting option.

Very nice. How close does the swing out sit to the rear hatch/bumper?

I know Wilco one sticks out a lot more from what I have seen.

This vs Wilco? The idea is similar to a Wilco, with some notable differences like a designated 250 lb hitch on the swing arm for bikes. This also has a 500 lb compression latch + security pin. Wilco has their own system for reducing wobble but there is basically no play in the unit once the wedge is fully seated inside the receiver hitch. You can easily move the entire truck from the swing arm and there is no visible or sensory movement from the hitch. It is all transferred to the truck.

Quality? The build quality is fantastic. There are plenty of things on my truck (including the truck) that are not made in the USA. But this tool is and the craftsmanship is excellent.

This vs a full bumper? That’s a personal choice and reflects your lifestyle and approach to your vehicle. Do you always want your gear on the vehicle? (ie, 100s of lbs of constant weight?) Do you need the clearance on the rear? Do you like the aesthetics of a full bumper? Do you have the budget for a full bumper, which can cost 2x as much as this to get the same functionality? Do you want to invest in a platform that you can use on future builds and vehicles?

Thanks for the review! I want to eventually pick one up and was going to go with the multi-fit based on Rigd's website recommendation. Your Mega fits perfect!

Yes, I would go with the Mega if this is the route you take. Remember, the spare tire bracket is too short and you will need spacers if you run stock 100/200 wheels. Good luck!

So, the mega is an option as it's arm is actually a tad lower, but the upper is taller. The regular ultraswing with the high offset mount might be a great alternative and technically the arm is a slight bit higher.

Heres mine. 16x8 et0 285/75r16
IMG_5496.JPG
IMG_5498.JPG
IMG_5500.JPG

Jason actually sent me a picture of your Cruiser today. Looks nice! He’s sending me the offset mount.

How’s the tailgate clearance?
clearance is good. license plate at like 80 degrees open is about .5” and same to 90 degrees.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom