Rig of the Bi-Week Via Gittinit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There is a little left original but not much. I've been wheeling the same rig for like 10 or so years now. It's been one hell of a ride. More rollovers than I can imagine its a journey I'd make again given the chance.

Original metal... Hmmm. About 2/3 of frame though its all been plated. No original crosmembers are left... The front axle housing was the original though it was gusseted and plated quite a bit to.

If u didnt notice my last statement was past tense. Yea my son was driving and we went down a 8' or so drop broke a ring gear due to the upper trunion breaking and crushing the passenger knuckle ball around the birfield. I had to cut the knuckle ball away to get the axle and birfield out.. I'm about half way done gathering goodies to put tons under it.

So last year I was getting started on my axle swap. Built new lower link crosmember for the rear and installed the shaved/welded/5:13 gear/disc brake 14bolt.

Then my Buddy who has been holding out for a major build brought his jeep for an overhaul so I spent the last 7+ months building it from a stripped and cut tub into a mean machine.
during this time another buddy of mine painted my hood and ibpicked up some 42" I rocks on beadlocks. Just recently I installed some stainless headers and converted the power steer pump for remote resivoir.
I cut some more of the original metal away so I can get links where I want them. Got them mocked up now. New wheelbase is roughly 118". And lowered the overall height a couple inches.
IMG_20150703_210235_345.jpg
IMG_20150703_210029_107.jpg
IMG_20150704_245116_643.jpg
IMG_20150705_030604_144.jpg
IMG_20150705_030815_922.jpg

Awesome! I love the look and stance it so far. Build another bare chassis and someone might buy it from you. ;)

I'm not tying up my own funds, time, and efforts, on a chance. If I build one it will have a home before the tubing is ordered and I will be well compensisated. I'm burnt out on building other peoples stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom