Rig of the Bi-Week Via Gittinit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Your rig has always been one of my favorites man. I love that thing :beer:

Always cool to see someone who thinks they are downgrading then later realize they accomplished nothing more than the ultimate upgrade going to toyota :)

I went to hotspring in April and the front was making a loud clicking nois when turning. Yea I broke the pins in the lockright. The locker would disenguage still but only when bound up hard in a turn. I tore it all down to find the center pin throught the differential broken in two as well as all 4 dial pins sheard. I broke the pins and they turned sideways in their holes causing the locker to stay enguaged. I also inspected the longfield axles to find that the cage on the drivers side birfield had a crack between 2 of the balls.

I sent the birfs off to bobbylong for warranty, and then struggled with the idea of isntalling the lockright back into the diff, only to break it again. I called around for some insight and opinions, then ordered a Detroit Locker.

Oh yea, I also got a bikini top made for the back.

I went out last weekend and tested it, everything is working well. I'm off to FlatNasty this coming weekend for a family wheeling weekend. Hopefully I will have pics as long as my camera hold up.
:cheers:

is that a warn 8274? does it interfere with the cooling at all?

Yes it is and it blocks the majority of the grill. I run the 2core rad (the small one) and my truck has no ac condensor, couse it was as base as a base model gets. It didnt even have power steering. :rolleyes: It dosent get hot, but it warms up quickly. I don't drive this thing on the road for anything longer than 15 mins to the local wheeling spots either.

Last edited:
I just got back from FlatNasty last weekend. Here are a couple video clips, and a couple pics of me and my Arkansas buddies.

FlatNastyMay161718280.jpg

FlatNastyMay161718291.jpg

FlatNastyMay161718313.jpg

FlatNastyMay161718318.jpg

FlatNastyMay161718340.jpg

Whose that nagging in the background? lol

Where in arkansas are you? You hit HotSprings? Cass?

I can't blame her for nagging, one fella in our group had stuck his leg out to catch his jeep earlier in the day. She is going to school to be a sugar moma, um I mean nurse, and currently works in a hospital, so she sees what happens when peole do stupid stuff. I can't blame her for being conscerned. Notice I was the only one in the vehicle, in those shots. When things get hairy everyone else gets out!

I'm in north east arkansas, Paragould to be exact. I have been switching back and forth between hot springs and FlatNasty for my trip for the last couple years now. I cant decide which park I like better, couse both are so different. I havent been to cass, but I also havent heard much good about it. I'm wanting to stretch my legs a little and make trip to other places, but I'm not didicated to anywhere yet.

You from arkansas as well? Where are you located? The next trip I have planned is the arttora event at hotsprings in september. You should come join in on some trails.

Last edited:
We were fortunate enough to be able to join you and you buddies for a trail ride at Flat Nasty and let me just say that your rig is very impressive in it's constuction and the way it works on trail. Maybe one day down the road a bit I will be lucky enough to be able to follow you through some of that ungodly terrain.:cheers:

Im in Missouri, about 3 min from the Arkansas state line. Im NWA, family is from Cave Springs (10min form Rogers) and my Uncle lives in Morrilton. We're part of the Razorback Landcruisers (uncles pretty high up in there, but idk what he does). For my uncles b-day were installing a rear seat and legnthing the wheel base on his Fj40 and then shipping it down there for him in september, so yeah give me a weekend and will try and make it!

We were fortunate enough to be able to join you and you buddies for a trail ride at Flat Nasty and let me just say that your rig is very impressive in it's constuction and the way it works on trail. Maybe one day down the road a bit I will be lucky enough to be able to follow you through some of that ungodly terrain.:cheers:

It was great to meet and chat with you for a few minuets Bill. Your definately on your way to a well built machine! I hope to see you on thetrails again. :cheers:

liljlandon

2nd Annual Arkansas TTORA, friends of Marlin roundup or ArTTORA 2nd Annual friends of Marlin roundup - TTORA Forum
We are a somewhat small group but we are growing at a radical pace. People have come from all different states to make this event in the past. You will difenately meet some folks from your neck of the woods there. I hope to see you there. There is a growing group of NW arkansas toyota junkies from that general area. Check out this liknk to the arttora site and introduce yourself. Arkansas Chapter - TTORA Forum
The best part is the trails at hotsprings superlift orv park varry from a drive in the park to scarry wild, so there is something for everyone at every build level.

Hers a few pics of its current condition. Pretty soon I won't have a rig left, becouse I just can't stop cutting it away. There is some Bling in there as well. I really need to get this jigsaw pizzle together, Its not moving along fast enough. I'm ready to wheel it now.
goingfulltruggy042.jpg

goingfulltruggy041.jpg

goingfulltruggy043.jpg

goingfulltruggy045.jpg

goingfulltruggy046.jpg

goingfulltruggy047.jpg

goingfulltruggy048.jpg

cool rig man. your breakover is terrific what frame hight and wheel base were you running with the leaf springs?

I had about 23 to 24" to the frame on 36's . I was running a 106" wheelbase, and will try to stay within a 105 to 108 wheelbase with the new setup.

Well I bolted up the links after tryng to figure out exactly where I wanted my muffler.
goingfulltruggy058.jpg

Then I starred at it for a while and decided to mod the windshield a little. Here is my version of a chopped top toyota.
goingfulltruggy056.jpg

Then I decided that a flip forward windshield may be more my style. Now I can give the jeepers that cool wave. :D
goingfulltruggy057.jpg

Ok here are some pics.
goingfulltruggy085.jpg

goingfulltruggy084.jpg

goingfulltruggy086.jpg

I like the overall shape this thing has. I like it from the rear as well. It wound up being quite a bit narrower that I had desired, but it works for me, and there is still enough room in the verry back for one of the large propane tanks.
goingfulltruggy088.jpg

I ran out of gas for the welder (2nd time already this year) so I couldnt tack up the crossmembers I built. I used a bungee strap to squeese the center cross brace from poping out. I used a ratchet strap to get the upper a pilliar tie kinda sitting in place. I'm unshure of this particular pice. I always liked the single bend look that some buggys have but I'm really thinking it might hamper my vision when looking up through the windshield area. I may just have to play with the notches a little to rotate it up into the a pillar bends some.
goingfulltruggy087.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom