Ridies seat leather replacement warranty? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all. I bought a full set of Ridies seat leathers, napa leather. They are really nice, but I have an issue with one piece. The stitching looks like it failed, and is starting to unravel. I have tried to reach out to Rides, but have not gotten a response.

Has anyone else had a similar issue, or been able to contact them?

I have attached a picture of the issue.

IMG_20230228_092205_HDR (1).jpg

Hi all. I bought a full set of Ridies seat leathers, napa leather. They are really nice, but I have an issue with one piece. The stitching looks like it failed, and is starting to unravel. I have tried to reach out to Rides, but have not gotten a response.

Has anyone else had a similar issue, or been able to contact them?

I have attached a picture of the issue.

View attachment 3298080
Good luck. Let's just say their customer service...leaves a lot to be desired. I ordered a full set of covers as well, 3 of the 4 fit ok but the "60" side of the back seat did not fit. I had a professional auto upholstery shop do the work. They could not get the cover to fit so I reached out to Ridies CS. Messaged a couple of times back and forth with the rep giving me "tips" to get it to fit and assuring that the cover was cut from an OEM pattern. I replied with photos and videos of the upholsterer attempting to stretch and fit the cover over the seat, to no avail. I asked for a refund of just that portion of the purchase or a replacement of the cover to try again. Radio silence as soon as I asked for them to make it right. I wasn't terribly surprised though, I'd read about the spotty CS and potential for ill-fitting covers

Good luck. Let's just say their customer service...leaves a lot to be desired. I ordered a full set of covers as well, 3 of the 4 fit ok but the "60" side of the back seat did not fit. I had a professional auto upholstery shop do the work. They could not get the cover to fit so I reached out to Ridies CS. Messaged a couple of times back and forth with the rep giving me "tips" to get it to fit and assuring that the cover was cut from an OEM pattern. I replied with photos and videos of the upholsterer attempting to stretch and fit the cover over the seat, to no avail. I asked for a refund of just that portion of the purchase or a replacement of the cover to try again. Radio silence as soon as I asked for them to make it right. I wasn't terribly surprised though, I'd read about the spotty CS and potential for ill-fitting covers
@Ridies

I thought the idea of a "supporting vendor" on mud was to have a bit more support for members ☹️

Oh @Ridies drops in on the member area regularly with "not marketing" posts. They are on here, at least when looking for new business.

I'm sure you can check and post in those threads and see if they respond. Might be good for prospective customers to see how they handle your issue as well that way. Good or bad, it helps people determine who they give business to.

They post fairly common “polls” as thinly veiled marketing posts, but it’s somewhat revealing that they seem to offer less than stellar support for their products post sale.

@Ridies

I'm kind of bummed out too... Had the company bookmarked for a little while now, holding off until I had a chance to get to it...
Unfortunately there are few options at the price point. You can pay almost twice the price to get the same quality but better service or almost the same price for an inferior product. I installed the Ridies and was honestly blown away at how nice they are. Not perfect, but better than OEM material. You definitely need to inspect the heck out of them as soon as you receive the package (I had mine in 10 days and did not pay the up charge). At least if you find a problem they will either make it right or you return it and dispute the charge if necessary.

For the OP, it’s unfortunate, but I think even if you need to take it to an upholsterer for repair you are ahead money wise.

Unfortunately there are few options at the price point. You can pay almost twice the price to get the same quality but better service or almost the same price for an inferior product. I installed the Ridies and was honestly blown away at how nice they are. Not perfect, but better than OEM material. You definitely need to inspect the heck out of them as soon as you receive the package (I had mine in 10 days and did not pay the up charge). At least if you find a problem they will either make it right or you return it and dispute the charge if necessary.

For the OP, it’s unfortunate, but I think even if you need to take it to an upholsterer for repair you are ahead money wise.

after a little more research tonight, I'm coming to a similar conclusion....

My experience was similar - they are actually superior to OEM and most aftermarket offerings.

I don't think the issue is the quality of the material, but rather the consistency in the fit of the product and the customer service (or lack thereof). I didn't pay the upcharge for fast shipping and they were delivered in 10 weeks. I didn't mind the wait because I wasn't in a big rush but it shows the lack of consistency from Ridies. The covers that fit look and feel good but the one that doesn't fit correctly looks horrible. And the complete lack of customer service when an issue arises should at least be taken into consideration before purchasing. I knew it was a possibility based on other reviews but was hoping for the best...

Just know that if there is an issue you are almost certainly on your own to troubleshoot and figure it out.

Interestingly Rides does not even make a statement here even they are tagged multiple times! That says something about them. :cautious:

Interestingly Rides does not even make a statement here even they are tagged multiple times! That says something about them. :cautious:

It would seem that they should’ve seen the thread:

IMG_0524.png

Last edited:
They have not. It's a bummer :(
That's enough to have lost my prospective business, even if I have to overpay for a similar product I'm not giving money to a company that doesn't support their customer post-purchase, thanks for posting this and sorry that they didn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom