Riddle me this: Who puts a 17 year old vehicle in the shop for $3500 "worth" of repairs? (1 Viewer)

Gray Rider

SILVER Star
new radiator, t stat & hoses & coolant
timing belt and water pump
oil sensor gauge
valve cover gasket
front & rear diff oil changes

And I feel guilty cause I could do 1/3 of these myself and insure OEM parts from CDAN!!

Life is finite and short tho.....Thanks for MUD support!

Gray Rider

SILVER Star
I know it is sad. However, if i can make 150 per hour and trickle (firehose) down then I have to do it. I used to do all my work on my cruisers, including the front hubs on my 80 that took a weekend and a day....But i need this vehicle running such that I can earn a living. (Should have bought a hyundai soul) NOT....

Gray Rider

SILVER Star
Dude ...if that was $3500 for that work. Then by the same token, I put $25,000 of work into a $5000 LX with all the work and hours I've put into mine.

Damn that's a lot of money. I wouldn't put that much $ into my LX to be honest.

why not?

suprarx7nut

The YotaMD Guy
Supporting Vendor
900 to 1,200?
Depends on exactly what they're doing. Personally, I think it's a bad idea to shop 90k service on a 100 trying to find the cheapest rate. Lots of little stuff comes up during that job and you really don't want a shop skimping. The good shops will include much of that in the estimate. A normal shop will bill you for all the extra work. A bad shop will send you away at the original low estimate with a handful of worn items put right back on or ignored.

Gray Rider

SILVER Star
I quizzed the shop on the parts, etc.
I can live with the answers. This truck prolly goes to market in one year. She has been a good one but nothing like my iconic 80....

Gray Rider

SILVER Star
Johnny and Mark at Toyota Tech in Ft Mill, SC are highly recommended but they are 2.5 hrs away now.....adapt and overcome I suppose...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom