Rhino rack sx mounts and size for 200 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

that grass is full of weeds man :)
I know. but it's military housing so....lawncare is contracted out. We only have to maintain the flower beds and the fenced in backyard. I cared about the front yard grass the first year here, then they increased housing costs, reduced services we pay for, and endured two floods. And my family grew twice so....priorities.

looks good. I do wonder if my having the 54" wide rack causes greater windnoise or not. Or if it's the combo of side rails, vortex bars, and pioneer rack. Anyone with 54x60 pioneer on a backbone have any input on wind noise? I should have the fairing today or tomorrow...I may have made a size mistake though as I bought the 52" wide fairing and since I have a 60 inch rack, the roof rails come out near the front, which may prohibited my ability to properly position the fairing where it needs to be to be effective. Wondering if the shorter, 44" fairing would be the way to go..
Did you ever get the fairing on? Sorry if I missed it in here, but don't see any feedback with it on with regards to wind noise. Thanks.

Did you ever get the fairing on? Sorry if I missed it in here, but don't see any feedback with it on with regards to wind noise. Thanks.
No never did. It was a hassle to get the right size, backorder, etc...and I just moved on.

I just installed this same setup. Haven't had it on long enough to put it to the test but install was a breeze and I anticipate it will work very well for my needs
20211226_145437.jpg

Just for another point of comparison, I have the 84x49 Pioneer Platform with the Backbone mount system. Sits 4" above the roof (measured as sunroof) and has minimal noise. I had a Gamivitti on a previous vehicle and can say this is quieter even without a fairing.

View attachment 2644168

View attachment 2644169

View attachment 2644170
Hey ncrockinfj. Question and a favor. Im also looking at RR Pioneer Platform in 84x49 to mount a Skycamp 2.0 RTT and am needing to know dimensions of where the spaces between rack slats are on the 49”. Specifically, how far off the sides are each of the spaces. Since RR slats run front to back knowing where each opening b/w slats is critical to see if my RTT rails will fit into openings and not have to drill through slats. Many Thanks! FYI, RR didnt even know for the 49”er.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom