Restoring turn signal lenses (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spook50

Skål
Supporting Vendor
Threads
So while I'm waiting on parts to finish my radiator swap and tranny cooler install, I decided to take care of some of the smaller things that've been nagging at me a while. One of which was clearing up my ugly front turn signal lenses. I picked up some Turtle Wax Headlight Lens Restorer at the local Napa and followed the directions on it. Wow, what a huge difference. My lenses were all gritty and foggy from years in the elements on the front of my truck, and this stuff made them look like new. It comes with a wipe-on clearcoat that you use once the job is all finished, so hopefully that'll keep them in good shape for a good long while.

Here's a pic with one untouched (just washed) and the other one after using the restoration kit.

Hi, Looks good. I've also used3M plastic cleaner. Mike

Hi, Looks good. I've also used3M plastic cleaner. Mike
So while I'm waiting on parts to finish my radiator swap and tranny cooler install, I decided to take care of some of the smaller things that've been nagging at me a while. One of which was clearing up my ugly front turn signal lenses. I picked up some Turtle Wax Headlight Lens Restorer at the local Napa and followed the directions on it. Wow, what a huge difference. My lenses were all gritty and foggy from years in the elements on the front of my truck, and this stuff made them look like new. It comes with a wipe-on clearcoat that you use once the job is all finished, so hopefully that'll keep them in good shape for a good long while.

Here's a pic with one untouched (just washed) and the other one after using the restoration kit.

View attachment 1945440

Good job! I used the same as Michael, but you got the job done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom