Resetting LC200 MPG Calculation Between Fill-Ups? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
How does one do this? On my 07 Tundra I could simply scroll to MPG and press and hold reset. In LC200, no workey...

Thanks in advance!

Me too.

Understand; my question was how does one do this manually in between fill-ups? I often want to see how my driving behavior is impacting fuel economy or after a mod or tuneup etc...etc. Every other vehicle I've had, including the Tundra, allowed you to do that anytime you want. Thanks!!!

Understand; my question was how does one do this manually in between fill-ups? I often want to see how my driving behavior is impacting fuel economy or after a mod or tuneup etc...etc. Every other vehicle I've had, including the Tundra, allowed you to do that anytime you want. Thanks!!!

There are three displays that show MPG - "Average," "After Refuel," and "Current."

The "Average" display averages MPG continuously until it is reset. It can be reset anytime by scrolling to it and holding the "DISP" button on the steering wheel. After it is reset, it continues to average MPG until it is reset again.

The "After Refuel" display cannot be reset manually. It goes back to 0.00 automatically every time more than approximately 2.1 gallons (8 litres) or so are added to top off the fuel tank.

The "Current" display is a bar graph from 0-40 MPG which displays an approximation of instantaneous current MPG. This one is fun to look at when you are pulling a heavy trailer up a long hill :(

HTH

Okay, Thanks. You answered my question. I prefer the way the Tundra does it where you can reset the average "after refuel" calculation. All the current reading does is make me frustrated that the "after refuel" number isn't higher… LOL. That said, it is kind of entertaining to cheer for your engine, "come on baby".... At the end of the day I knew what I was buying and I'll still use it for really long trips for the comfort and space. If I don't have my boys, we take our BMW 535i. Now that's a real road warrior. With Dinan Stage 2 mod, have almost 400 hp and can get 30 mpg on the highway @ 75 mph if I keep my foot out of it. I get that you have to pick the right tool for the right job. Fortunately, I have both.

I wish there was a way to calibrate the MPG display. Mine is always 2 mpg higher than the actual calculated number (miles/gallons). I wish there was a way to calibrate it so that the display so it could be more accurate.

There are three displays that show MPG - "Average," "After Refuel," and "Current."

The "Average" display averages MPG continuously until it is reset. It can be reset anytime by scrolling to it and holding the "DISP" button on the steering wheel. After it is reset, it continues to average MPG until it is reset again.

The "After Refuel" display cannot be reset manually. It goes back to 0.00 automatically every time more than approximately 2.1 gallons (8 litres) or so are added to top off the fuel tank.

The "Current" display is a bar graph from 0-40 MPG which displays an approximation of instantaneous current MPG. This one is fun to look at when you are pulling a heavy trailer up a long hill :(

HTH

Scrolling to Average MPG and holding the DISP button still switches to the next screen for me. Does this work for anyone else?

Does the 08 have the "average" calculation? Mine only has "after refuel" and "current".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom