REPLICA OEM - SSTs (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Are these for H41/H42 or H55?

Thanks

Yes.

I quickly became bored with the OEM SST #'s 09305-55010 Eco-Phriendly Flat Bronze / Brown Plating of some sort , :eek:

I wanted match all my other Original 1970's / 1980's Toyota OEM SST's Silver Zinc Plating Look

So I hosed it off with residue-free Brake clean & Re-Electro Plated it in Silver Tin Zinc Using

Eastwood company's Home Brew Kit , The results Match a OEM NOS Toyota SST

note : Total Immersion Time was 20 minutes to acquire the needed silver zinc thickness layer to completely cover the brown zinc layer

BBD6BA3B-2C2D-433B-93BA-CC6FB13CF24A.jpeg

2B8B7A74-BAF7-4879-90AD-6BCFD8B2B124.jpeg
33ECC766-C7C1-47F4-9C38-AAF780D0615D.jpeg
9C174F79-7938-45CB-B037-F5D0D91524D7.jpeg
0A296E46-D7FE-4638-A10C-1851100165F4.jpeg

Last edited:
Over the past few weeks I have had a couple of guys question the "overcut" in the trunnion bushings on the knuckle tool. I've run 3 batches of tools and it appears the third run of these parts had this step made on a manual mill instead of by CNC.... You can still get the proper dimensions by using the under side instead of the top of the step. BUT, that's not the procedure called out in the FSM for this SST.

I had a new batch of these pieces made and I will be shipping them out to anyone who has bought a tool, regardless of when you bought it. The 2nd and 3rd run tools pieces were mixed together so the only way to make sure everyone gets a properly designed tool is to ship everyone a new set. I expect to have all of these out in the next week.

When you receive the new bushings please throw the old ones away EVEN IF YOU HAVE A GOOD SET off the first run.

Sorry for this inconvenience and I'll get it straightened out in a few days.

Jason

Miss cut bushing
upload_2018-5-5_7-32-24.png

Proper cut bushing
upload_2018-5-5_7-34-14.png

Over the past few weeks I have had a couple of guys question the "overcut" in the trunnion bushings on the knuckle tool. I've run 3 batches of tools and it appears the third run of these parts had this step made on a manual mill instead of by CNC.... You can still get the proper dimensions by using the under side instead of the top of the step. BUT, that's not the procedure called out in the FSM for this SST.

I had a new batch of these pieces made and I will be shipping them out to anyone who has bought a tool, regardless of when you bought it. The 2nd and 3rd run tools pieces were mixed together so the only way to make sure everyone gets a properly designed tool is to ship everyone a new set. I expect to have all of these out in the next week.

When you receive the new bushings please throw the old ones away EVEN IF YOU HAVE A GOOD SET off the first run.

Sorry for this inconvenience and I'll get it straightened out in a few days.

Jason

Miss cut bushing
View attachment 1693451

Proper cut bushing
View attachment 1693456
Outstanding customer service!

Are they listed yet ? Don't see on Website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom