Replacing Tie Rod (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lt1fire

SILVER Star
Threads
Ok so I'm in the middle of replacing my relay rod and tie rod aswell as all four ends.
I did a search for an install thread but when I put tie rod into the search part and put in check titles it says that there isn't any threads:confused:
I know there are but oh well I can't find them.

I have to wait for a new jam nut to arrive as my ps relay rod one isn't threaded all the way through.
My question is the FSM gives certain lengths that the tie rod and relay rod have to be. But my stock ones where way longer than that. it seems that even with the ends threaded all the way in I am barely going to make those measurements. Has anyone else noticed this??

No, I just did this last Friday and I did not have that issue. I counted the exposed treads and then marked the length on my work bench. I would suggest double checking your measurements.

For the tie rod Lanktank has a alignment thread here that will get the tie rod length correct for you.

I will check again tomorrow.
The FSM said that the tie rod has to be 47 1/2 inches.
from what I measured from the bolt end of one TRE to the bolt end of the other TRE I got right around that with the TRE's threaded just about as far in as they could go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom