replacing the tundra 26 gallon tank with oe 38 gallon tank (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for the write-up Ige, we just got a 2010 Tundra and I'm putting in the big tank. Long time no-see. I miss ya.

Thanks for the write-up Ige, we just got a 2010 Tundra and I'm putting in the big tank. Long time no-see. I miss ya.
knock out the rollover valve first. if you aren't doing skid plates, i'll give you a front strap. i ordered it but did a skid plate later, so had to change out to one with studs

Will a 38 Gallon fit on a Sequoia?

I’d dig into the specs for Sequoias - if it was optional ~2016 & later, or standard at some point, then yes - but I’d also check wheelbase & if that IRS takes up space the solid axle of a Tundra doesn’t since it’s leaf springs on that Tundra axle.

Off the cuff, I think the wheelbase is shorter on a Sequoia, I know if you put a Sequoia TC in a Tundra, it’s OAL is shorter to the point you really should lengthen the RR driveshaft for full spline engagement.

That would be my starting point.

HTH.

Do you have
i got sick of abusing the letter "e" on my fuel gauge and decided to step up from
the little 26 gallon tank. original plans were to get a transfer flow 46 gallon
tank, but when i found they were discontinued (but with a couple still in stock), i
did some soul searching and realized that was maybe a bit more fuel than i need 99%
of the time and i didn't want that much weight.
looking at the oe tank, it's about 60lbs lighter dry and even with an rci skid plate
is still about 40lbs lighter. pricewise they were about the same.

when the box showed up, i thought the tank was really well packaged in an enormous box...nope...the tank is just enormous. (note: the retaining ring on the new tank did not come with the tank..i had put it there so i didn't lose it. also, 26 gallon tank is not taller...it's sitting on a roller)

View attachment 1823338 View attachment 1823300 View attachment 1823301
Digging this old thread up, hoping OP has some wide angle pictures of the installation fore and aft of the tank.

I have a 2010 Regular cab, long bed and would like to see how this fits on your truck to compare.

Spoke with transfer flow, and they could not help me. Their tank will not work.

26 gallons with 35s and a four wheel camper does not last long. 220 miles a tank is a good day.

Unfortunately, I don't. And the tank has been out for two years due to the crappy design on the anti roll valve. Someday, I'll punch the valve out and put the big tank back in again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom