Replacing the charcoal canister didn't work... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I had that weird raw fuel/varnish smell coming from my canister along with excessive pressure in the fuel tank. I replaced the charcoal canister with the AC Delco unit and thought everything was good. Took a 800 mile road trip and now the pressure is back.

I also noticed that the cabin completely filled with raw fuel smell (it was overwhelming) while I was waiting to pick up my kids from school the other day. I was idling for about 5 minutes with the AC on high and I had to roll down the windows and turn off the truck before I passed out.

Pulled the gas cap and there was tons of pressure again.

Any ideas?

I pulled the line on the canister that is going to the tank and felt some air coming out. Im guessing the line goes to the top of the fuel pump assembly under the back seat?
Yep. There are three fuel lines. One goes to the charcoal canister, one that goes to the fuel filter and then the one that goes into the cut off valve. All three should be accessible through the panel under the rear seats.

Yep. There are three fuel lines. One goes to the charcoal canister, one that goes to the fuel filter and then the one that goes into the cut off valve. All three should be accessible through the panel under the rear seats.
Is the fuel cut off valve 77380-26010 (1996 year) actually accessible through the panel inside or does tank have to be dropped?

Is the fuel cut off valve 77380-26010 (1996 year) actually accessible through the panel inside or does tank have to be dropped?
I think you can get to it without dropping the tank, but I honestly can't remember 100%.

You should be able to tell pretty quickly if you remove the access panel.

Replace all of this, that's how I fixed mine. Depending on the year model yours may have less check valves and vsv. All of this plays a role in the emissions

20190810_174304.jpg

20191213_034631.jpg

20191213_034814.jpg

The fuel cutoff/rollover valve is not accessible/visible from the panel . You would need to at least lower the tank several inches to get at it from the inside panel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom