Replacing springs in the drivers seat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Everyone,

The drivers seat of my 2000 LC (130k miles) is sagging on the left side.
I'm planning on replacing the foam. Read a lot of threads on how to do this.
But I couldn't find anything on the springs in the seat, and I was wondering if these could become sloppy on one side and could be in need of replacement.

Any tips or experience would be welcome.

Thanks

The bottom seat cushion mounts to a metal pan. That bolts to the seat frame. There are no springs so replacing the foam should fix the sag.

Reactions: GTV
Not sure what they're attached to or if they can be replaced, you could look at a exploded diagram on like partsouq to see. But, I don't think they'd sag from time, maybe if someone knelt on them forcefully?

1706562496705.png

Looking at the diagrams on partsouq.com, those springs are likely part of the seat bottom frame. You can get springs aftermarket, No Sag Spring #8,#9,#11 - https://a1foamandfabrics.com/products/no-sag-springs-rolls-only?variant=31721204449329&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gclid=CjwKCAiAtt2tBhBDEiwALZuhACf_edXjWqo04iFCd1MEGCBKfd1Q5TDOYlMcAX53Kj3d9uwKtEuP2BoCdN8QAvD_BwE , no idea what size they might be. Years ago I worked at an auto upholstery shop and we had rolls of the springs that we would cut to whatever length we needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom