Drivers Seat Leaning Inward / Replace Seat Foam? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

skymast

SILVER Star
Threads
I have a 2006 TLC. The seat condition is good (and original) but the drivers seatback is leaning inwards / towards the console a bit. Not bad but just enough to notice. I'm 'assuming' it's not the seat frame but a degradation of the seat foam. Any thoughts on causes / option to fix this? Thank you

You could try steaming the foam.. but unlikely to completely fix. I don’t think OEM replacements are available. You could try looking for aftermarket foams

Need a picture. Because I doubt seat back foam bad. The only foam usually wearing out is driver seat bottom. If back looks twisted - most likely IT IS twisted. It's very common with BMWs but who knows.

In any case - everything is possible.

Steaming foam will work to get it back to shape temporarily, it's not a perm fix. Upholstery shops can fix seat padding (add new foam/reshape)

You might be able to steam them and bring it back to life.

I replaced my lowers and kept my uppers. The uppers are usually not as compressed. The foam is expensive though. In my case the seat heaters were kind of deteriorating into the foam as well.

You can also just consider some upholstery foam and add a new layer to your old foam.

Some aftermarket options on ebay for cheap but they probably suck.

OEM is still out there if you look but its $$$
Land Cruiser 100 series OEM Toyota Seat bottom Cushion - https://store.lch4x4.com/land-cruiser-100-series-oem-toyota-seat-bottom-cushion
1692737363462.png

1692737347974.png

Need a picture. Because I doubt seat back foam bad. The only foam usually wearing out is driver seat bottom. If back looks twisted - most likely IT IS twisted. It's very common with BMWs but who knows.

In any case - everything is possible.

Kinda what I was thinking...as a "huskier" gentleman myself, I can envision the possibility that a larger gent straightened his legs, pushing against the dead pedal to get something out of his pocket and bent the seat back.

I hope its not twisted but thats not out of the question. I had this issue on my 95 Defender and the foam had deteriorated / slid off the frame. I guess I wont know until the covers come off.

My current seats are pretty rough, don’t notice any tilt one way or the other. CA sun and heat did some damage, PO might have worn it a bit harder than most as well.

IMG_3773.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom