Replacing factory JBL amp and speakers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,

I need some help with the following.

I have an US imported 2001 Landcruiser 100 with the 4.7 V8.
It has the factory nav unit with JBL amplifier and speakers. I know the nav is very hard to swap for a double din since the climate control is integrated into the system but I like the oem look.

So far I have changed the following

Front Gladen RS 165 component speakers
Rear Gladen RC Coaxiaal speakers
I have used Dynamat sound deadening on all 4 doors

All speakers are connected to the 300 watts OEM JBL amplifier. Sadly the sound is still horrible. Mid and High's are slightly present but plenty low is there. I suspect the amp isn't what it may have been back in teh days. However I still have a Hertz EP 4 and EP 5 laying around. The EP 4 fits underneath the passenger seat. The nav unit is a US version but its kinda of an outdated system so if I disconnect it, the EP 4 fits right underneath the seat.

This is where i get stuck.... I want to connect the Hertz and I am looking for the correct wire diagram for the JBL OEM amp. As far as I can tell the headunit just sents only two pair of singnals for the left and right speakers to the JBL amp. I quess the amp divides them into 4 speakers.

If I want to connect the wires directly to the amp I need a diagram telling me wich color is wich. The amp has two plugs. Does anyone have that diagram? Also is it wise to add a cleasweep like a Rockfrd 3sixty. I like good sound but am not a true audiophile though.

The sub will come in a later stage.... I still have an amped pioneer box laying around So I guess I can pick up the signal from the OEM woofer...correct?

Again most important to even get started with any of the possibilities of adding an amp is the wire diagram. My amp reads 86280-0w060.

Any help or advice is much appreciated.

Jean-Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom