Nakamichi Full Replacement - New Android HU and Amp are in: Door Speakers have no mid (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

I bit the bullet and successfully installed the following:

Rhino Radio Android Vertical Screen
JL Audio C1-525X
JL Audio C1-075ct tweeters
Kicker 48CWRT674
Arc Audio x2 850.5 Multi-Channel Amp (5 Channels)

After transplanting the AC board, installing a front and rear camera, performing surgery on some harnesses and keeping much of the factory wiring, and nearly a divorce from taking up the garage for a few weeks, we are good to go and it sounds good...but not great.

I'm still tuning the amp and the equalizer on the HU, but regardless of my settings, I am not getting any thump/mid range from my door speakers on the front or back.

Since I replaced the HU and amp all together but am still using the factory wiring, I'm wondering if there is a built in cross over or isolator that is disrupting the signal to my door speakers so that I hear mostly 'high'? I'm sure I've been looking at this too long and my brain is fried...

S/O to @PabloCruise for helping me on the sub in the factory enclosure! Bass sounds solid!

Any insight would be greatly appreciated as I don't see anything on the boards about this use case.

Why u use the factory harness…for steering wheel control ? Android hu>dsp>amp with new 12gusge ofc speaker wire would be optimal for the quality of gear you bought

Hi all,

I bit the bullet and successfully installed the following:

Rhino Radio Android Vertical Screen
JL Audio C1-525X
JL Audio C1-075ct tweeters
Kicker 48CWRT674
Arc Audio x2 850.5 Multi-Channel Amp (5 Channels)

After transplanting the AC board, installing a front and rear camera, performing surgery on some harnesses and keeping much of the factory wiring, and nearly a divorce from taking up the garage for a few weeks, we are good to go and it sounds good...but not great.

I'm still tuning the amp and the equalizer on the HU, but regardless of my settings, I am not getting any thump/mid range from my door speakers on the front or back.

Since I replaced the HU and amp all together but am still using the factory wiring, I'm wondering if there is a built in cross over or isolator that is disrupting the signal to my door speakers so that I hear mostly 'high'? I'm sure I've been looking at this too long and my brain is fried...

S/O to @PabloCruise for helping me on the sub in the factory enclosure! Bass sounds solid!

Any insight would be greatly appreciated as I don't see anything on the boards about this use case.
it would be helpful if we can have your years and model. if you have mayday and nav system before most likely you will need to connect additional connectors for mid speakers

you can check my post link here.

It sounds like you need a TWK88 (or similar) before the ARC. I have a Rhino Radio as well and I use TWK before a pair of amps.

it would be helpful if we can have your years and model. if you have mayday and nav system before most likely you will need to connect additional connectors for mid speakers

you can check my post link here.

Thank you for this!

I have a 99 lx470. Going to give it a shot with a DSP from Amazon and the TWK88 referenced below.

I'm confused. Where did you install the 5 1/2 two ways?

I honestly have no idea why I get so giddy when I see people deploy ARC Audio.

Hope this is the right place for this post. I just finished installing a Rhino in my 06LX, so here's my observations:
1- Worst/most difficult part of this job was fitting the HU and side panels into radio cavity. Still have gaps between HU and side panels- culprit is all the wiring and harnesses to cram behind the HU.
2- added aftermarket backup camera and dash cam- not too bad a job
3- stereo sounds OK- but I'm comparing it to my Audi S6 stereo, which with a huge amp in the trunk, was the best I've heard.
4- Rhino tech support was awesome- Eric with Rhino was available by WhatsApp whenever I needed help and was quick to respond.
5- for the trim panels, and HU, there are white plastic clips and yellow plastic clips. I broke a few, and haven't found replacements, but these are critical for keeping everything in place.
6- Initially the sound from the stereo was bad- but bumping up the amp volume under the settings tab fixed it.
7- A/C and heating works fine.

Hope this is the right place for this post. I just finished installing a Rhino in my 06LX, so here's my observations:
1- Worst/most difficult part of this job was fitting the HU and side panels into radio cavity. Still have gaps between HU and side panels- culprit is all the wiring and harnesses to cram behind the HU.
2- added aftermarket backup camera and dash cam- not too bad a job
3- stereo sounds OK- but I'm comparing it to my Audi S6 stereo, which with a huge amp in the trunk, was the best I've heard.
4- Rhino tech support was awesome- Eric with Rhino was available by WhatsApp whenever I needed help and was quick to respond.
5- for the trim panels, and HU, there are white plastic clips and yellow plastic clips. I broke a few, and haven't found replacements, but these are critical for keeping everything in place.
6- Initially the sound from the stereo was bad- but bumping up the amp volume under the settings tab fixed it.
7- A/C and heating works fine.
Congrats on the successful install!

Did you keep the factory amp or roll with aftermarket?

After rolling with the new system for the last month, I just ordered a sub box that is thin profile that I will put behind the 3rd row. There is 14ninches of depth to play with between the seats and tail gate, so plenty of room to actually get some bass.

The rhino and speakers I picked just didn't have enough depth...it's loud for sure, just missing one more piece.

Congrats on the successful install!

Did you keep the factory amp or roll with aftermarket?

After rolling with the new system for the last month, I just ordered a sub box that is thin profile that I will put behind the 3rd row. There is 14ninches of depth to play with between the seats and tail gate, so plenty of room to actually get some bass.

The rhino and speakers I picked just didn't have enough depth...it's loud for sure, just missing one more piece.
So far, just staying with the factory amp, knowing I've got to spend my cash on additional suspension, brake and exhaust work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom