Replacement speakers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

98- Land Cruisers don't have 4" speakers. They have an oddball size but most people replace with 6.5" in all four doors. Check Crutchfield for correct speaker sizing for your truck. You may find speakers cheaper on Amazon but with Crutchfield you get wiring adapters and mounting brackets if required.

Crutchfield.com all the way. That is where I bought my speakers, all materials needed as well as a real person on the other end of the phone to help you. Worth the extra few dollars.

Crutchfield.com all the way. That is where I bought my speakers, all materials needed as well as a real person on the other end of the phone to help you. Worth the extra few dollars.
X2

That is where I got new speakers for my 2003 and 2006.

I used Crutchfield to source all of my stereo components as well. A real person on the phone who actually knew what they were talking about was a huge selling point for me

Crutchfield is a business that theoretically should have been crushed by Amazon years ago but is not only thriving but prospering. They do audio well....

I don't understand why Crutchfield is getting praise here. They are a great reference tool buts that's it. Their prices are ridiculous!

I don't understand why Crutchfield is getting praise here. They are a great reference tool buts that's it. Their prices are ridiculous!

There may be better pricing out there, but since Crutchfield has been around for a long time and as you mentioned they are a great reference source, sometimes paying a little more for something you know will fit and work or you have the seller there for support, it’s worth it to me. And nowadays with all the counterfeit merchandise showing up on Amazon and EBay, I’ll Pay that few dollars more for that piece of mind.

And some say that the prices of Land Cruisers are ridiculous for what you get.
"A 15yr old suv for how much? I can buy a 2yr old Tahoe for that!"

i did crutchfield

98- Land Cruisers don't have 4" speakers. They have an oddball size but most people replace with 6.5" in all four doors. Check Crutchfield for correct speaker sizing for your truck. You may find speakers cheaper on Amazon but with Crutchfield you get wiring adapters and mounting brackets if required.

The 100 has two 4" speakers in the "subwoofer" however the ones in the OP don't have good low frequency response. Some years may have a different size speaker in the subwoofer.

Sometimes I forget how good of a relationship I have with my local stereo shop. Ebay and Amazon are just as expensive and I wouldn't buy from them either. I picked up an Alpine ILX-207 for $550 when Crutchfield sells it for $700, so i'm not just saving a couple of bucks here. On top of that they let me take it without paying, "See if you like it, come by in a week and pay if you do". Crutchfield can't do that for me.
Anyone in Houston, I highly recommend them. Home

And some say that the prices of Land Cruisers are ridiculous for what you get.
"A 15yr old suv for how much? I can buy a 2yr old Tahoe for that!"

Those people obviously don't know what a Land Cruiser is! Comparing it to a Tahoe, blasphemy!

I'll throw in a vote to spend a little more for just one set of speakers for the front and turn off the rears completely. I think two nice speakers sounds way nicer than four mediocre. I turned my fader 100% front a few months back and even with the stock speakers, the sound is improved. I do have a sub and an aftermarket deck though, so I've got plenty of low end and time correction features. With a completely stock system I suppose your results may vary.

I got these.
Rockford Fosgate 165X3

Crutchfield. Period.
I have been a Crutchfield customer since 1986. Recently, I replaced my '98 100 series head unit and both front and rear speakers and upgraded my subwoofer. Also installed a rear camera--and must have spent at least 2 hours on the phone to fix some wiring issues I was having. They sent me all the harnesses and sent me additional parts at no charge.
Why Crutchfield? Consider why they are THE reference...that's because they have been around since paper catalogs were mailed out. They spend a lot of money on R&D and work with major aftermarket and OEM s to ensure the correct info is available. And literally, lifetime tech support--no kidding. They also include all the correct harnesses and hardware needed for the install in the pricing and give you options if you are on a limited budget. I have always used the "best value" approach as opposed to "cheapest".

Crutchfield as well...excellent service and I will pay higher prices for service and support.

Crutchfield. Period.
I have been a Crutchfield customer since 1986. Recently, I replaced my '98 100 series head unit and both front and rear speakers and upgraded my subwoofer. Also installed a rear camera--and must have spent at least 2 hours on the phone to fix some wiring issues I was having. They sent me all the harnesses and sent me additional parts at no charge.
Why Crutchfield? Consider why they are THE reference...that's because they have been around since paper catalogs were mailed out. They spend a lot of money on R&D and work with major aftermarket and OEM s to ensure the correct info is available. And literally, lifetime tech support--no kidding. They also include all the correct harnesses and hardware needed for the install in the pricing and give you options if you are on a limited budget. I have always used the "best value" approach as opposed to "cheapest".
Hey buddy! Came across this old thread....Do you mind sharing what makes and models you went with for everything? I'm about to overhaul everything as well. Head unit, all speakers, and add a backup camera.
Mine is a 98 LC100 as well.
Do these have a factory amp somewhere?
It already has an after market head unit installed.

Thanks in advance!
j

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom