Replacement Seat Covers for LX470 / Land Cruiser (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes we do have US center console.

We have sold several of these covers and he is the only one who had this issue. We did not hear about this from anybody else.

Again, our seat covers are either same or better quality then any other seat covers maker including leather seats, katzkin, lseats, etc. We get calls from customers all the time who tell us that they initially bought from them and then bought from us and they are so much pleased with our quality. Our prices are better too.

Thanks
Do people really buy from leather seat, katzkin, and Lseats and then buy yours? I am assuming you mean send their products back prior to install. I'd love to have the money to burn by quality comparing products.
Do you have any ih8mud customers that you can add to this thread that can chime in on your product. I am sure the quality is great. Customer service has been great so far. I am still worried about fitment and having the proper installation provisions. I would be curious if the seat attachment points are the same on US and Non US markets. That could be the issue. We need more info. I want to buy these, but will not if I have to pay someone for sewing.....unless you discount your product as a design flaw to cover these unnecessary costs.

Do people really buy from leather seat, katzkin, and Lseats and then buy yours? I am assuming you mean send their products back prior to install. I'd love to have the money to burn by quality comparing products.
Do you have any ih8mud customers that you can add to this thread that can chime in on your product. I am sure the quality is great. Customer service has been great so far. I am still worried about fitment and having the proper installation provisions. I would be curious if the seat attachment points are the same on US and Non US markets. That could be the issue. We need more info. I want to buy these, but will not if I have to pay someone for sewing.....unless you discount your product as a design flaw to cover these unnecessary costs.

We work with lot of upholstery shops, etc who work with all kind of companies and can easily spot the difference in quality.

Sorry our customer's information is private, and we won't be making that public. It is upto them to join or not join.

I understand your concern about fitment, we can only do so much to curb that.

Thanks

Thanks @LCT we appreciate your comment and look forward to your pictures.

Yes we are looking into this issue. @nukegoat is the first person who mentioned that issue.

Now please tell me which other company would look into something like that based on one complaint?

I know it is easy for people on internet to just bash a company or product, but please give me another example

There's a lot of people on this forum who are anxious to replace their crappy Toyota leather, especially with a product like yours. But if you could just make it slightly easier for the home gamer to DIY, I think you'd have a killer product. Right now, other than a $12 amazon hog ring plier kit, there's really no specialized tools or knowledge required to do this job (it just takes time and patience, but that's perfect during a quarantine anyway). Differentiate yourself on the quality of your leather *and* based on the ease of install and be a winner

Yes we are looking into this issue. @nukegoat is the first person who mentioned that issue.

Now please tell me which other company would look into something like that based on one complaint?

I know it is easy for people on internet to just bash a company or product, but please give me another example

You're not being bashed, you're getting feedback and questions.

You're supplying the wrong clip, that's obvious. You should adjust your pattern. You need to get over that and move on. That's what the best company would do.

Most upholstery shops don't have time to screw around with you and your pattern, they just swallow it, fix it, and move on. They are not going to call you. Maybe bill the customer the "fix time".

There's a lot of people on this forum who are anxious to replace their crappy Toyota leather, especially with a product like yours. But if you could just make it slightly easier for the home gamer to DIY, I think you'd have a killer product. Right now, other than a $12 amazon hog ring plier kit, there's really no specialized tools or knowledge required to do this job (it just takes time and patience, but that's perfect during a quarantine anyway). Differentiate yourself on the quality of your leather *and* based on the ease of install and be a winner

Yes we are looking into that issue.

BTW, if you have steamer or heat gun to stretch the leather then that helps big time as well. It is not easy to stretch leather without it and remove wrinkles.

Thanks

You're not being bashed, you're getting feedback and questions.

You're supplying the wrong clip, that's obvious. You should adjust your pattern. You need to get over that and move on. That's what the best company would do.

Most upholstery shops don't have time to screw around with you and your pattern, they just swallow it, fix it, and move on. They are not going to call you. Maybe bill the customer the "fix time".

Not sure how you are getting the impression that we are trying to push this issue under the rug.

One customer complaint and we started to look into that issue. Not sure what else we could do.

BTW, if you have steamer or heat gun to stretch the leather then that helps big time as well. It is not easy to stretch leather without it and remove wrinkles.

Thanks
Yeah it tends to remove the natural 'pebbling' on the leather so I elected not to. Overall I don't see a ton of wrinkles. I'm happy with it

Yeah it tends to remove the natural 'pebbling' on the leather so I elected not to. Overall I don't see a ton of wrinkles. I'm happy with it

Thanks. We will appreciate if you could post some pictures here. Some people are very concerned and I think it would be good if they see the final product.

Thanks

Whether or not you hear complaints from customers or not does not make a seat cover with a incorrect part acceptable. What is so hard to understand about that? Pointing this out and having it corrected I think falls well short of internet "bashing' unless you are just the really sensitive type. Just fix the damn mistake and you'll have a great product. Then more of us (including me) will want to buy them. You shouldn't require a cornucopia of complaints before you make efforts to correct/improve your product.

Glad to hear that!

Good tip.

Thanks
^^^

Whether or not you hear complaints from customers or not does not make a seat cover with a incorrect part acceptable. What is so hard to understand about that? Pointing this out and having it corrected I think falls well short of internet "bashing' unless you are just the really sensitive type. Just fix the damn mistake and you'll have a great product. Then more of us (including me) will want to buy them. You shouldn't require a cornucopia of complaints before you make efforts to correct/improve your product.

Calm down, takes 2 minutes to remove that piece from there one and staple into this one. There is a workaround for people who actually have this issue (most people don't).

Thanks. We will appreciate if you could post some pictures here. Some people are very concerned and I think it would be good if they see the final product.

Thanks
It's in hammersaurus' build thread, everyone

Calm down, takes 2 minutes to remove that piece from there one and staple into this one. There is a workaround for people who actually have this issue (most people don't).
Most people don't? Or haven't said anything?

How can you say 'most people don't' if you've only just begun selling them? Do you know IF there is any difference in the mounting (clips) procedure (OEM) for U.S. and foreign models? Was it changed any during the production years? IF you don't have these answers then your assertion is based solely on feedback you've received so far, right?

So I'm going to ask you straight up, right here, right now: Do you intend to look into this and IF you find the current clips to be wrong (for all or part of the year models) do you intend to offer a seat cover that fits (as received) or are you going to pass that responsibility (alteration) on the customer. Just tell us, K?

Then we can make up our own minds to buy your product or another. That's how informed shoppers and the free market work.

Not sure how you are getting the impression that we are trying to push this issue under the rug.

One customer complaint and we started to look into that issue. Not sure what else we could do.

YOU said you were getting bashed, not me. That was your response to some accurate feedback. YOU were defensively defending an un-defendable position. You got the wrong clip on there. Not a catastrophe, but a PITA for a non upholsterer to deal with. You should fix that and say, "my bad"

Read over your responses and think like a customer or equally importantly like a prospective customer. You should seriously read over the thread and try to be self aware from a customer service perspective. You "hyped" your product and you're hyping your defense.

The customer above has you dead to rights on the design flaw.

And you are still advertising LC covers in this thread and on your website when you have no pattern and didn't know they were different. Despite the fact that I pointed it out to you. An LX cover won't work on a LC.

Online enthusiast forums are minefields. Do an awesome job and things will be killer for you. Zealously defend a few bad positions and abandon the thread and it'll get ugly fast.

You said,
What else could we have done?

I would have called Mr. NukeGoat above, investigated what his boggle was and figured out how to make it right for him, and corrected the underlying issue.

Nobody expects your seat covers to be factory fitted. You made hyperbolic statements about how you were better than all your competitors and better than the factory. So you should expect any deviance to be pointed out. It appears that you have a good product. Everyone here would love to have you succeed, myself included.

"The Customer who complains to YOU is doing YOU a favor"

There are a lot who won't complain to you, they'll just bad mouth you in every seat cover thread they run across.

Take a few seconds, take a deep breath, re-read your post before you hit the send button. If I were you, I would want my customers to be my best salesman... Analyze your post from that perspective and you'll do ok.

And keep in mind, we are a DIY skewed community.

This ain't a Corvette Forum!
j/k Corvette Nutz...

Last edited:
As somebody who originally was hopeful about this thread, also wishing to support a Hoosier company (I was born in Indiana), the clip issue is the single thing that gives me pause. Somebody said it's the wrong type. Rather than do research to sort it out you say, it must not be wrong because nobody else complained. I, and others, aren't willing to roll the dice without clear info from the manufacturer, or at least an option to choose the clip type. You then say you're looking into it without explaining what that means, but then come back with the apparent solution, "just staple that old one in." Nope.
I would want the correct clips fitted, otherwise what's the point of even supplying clips?

I realize you don't believe NukeGoat on the clips but it's your responsibility to figure that out. Ask here in a new thread for people to tell you what they found when they redid their seats, or ask the shops and upholsterers you said you get feedback from on the LX seats. If there are two clip types offer both.

**Not bashing you, rather offering some advice because I would love to see you thrive here and I think you can.

Last edited:
As somebody who originally was hopeful about this thread, also wishing to support a Hoosier company (I was born in Indiana), the clip issue is the single thing that gives me pause. Somebody said it's the wrong type. Rather than do research to sort it out you say, it must not be wrong because nobody else complained. I, and others, aren't willing to roll the dice without clear info from the manufacturer, or at least an option to choose the clip type. You then say you're looking into it without explaining what that means, but then come back with the apparent solution, "just staple that old one in." Nope.
I would want the correct clips fitted, otherwise what's the point of even supplying clips?

I realize you don't believe NukeGoat on the clips but it's your responsibility to figure that out. Ask here in a new thread for people to tell you what they found when they redid their seats, or ask the shops and upholsteres you said you get feedback from on the LX seats. If there are two clip types offer both.

^^^^

Excellent advice above, hope he will heed it. I am looking into replacing the seat covers on my Wife's LX and I am currently sorting out who's product to go with, hence my interest in this subject. But I can tell you as a consumer, I can be just as easily turned off by a person's attitude as I might by a potential product defect and I am not particularly interested in doing any modifications or 'work arounds'. I don't know why a vendor wouldn't take every measure to make a 'good' product 'great' and reap the rewards.

^^^^

Excellent advice above, hope he will heed it. I am looking into replacing the seat covers on my Wife's LX and I am currently sorting out who's product to go with, hence my interest in this subject. But I can tell you as a consumer, I can be just as easily turned off by a person's attitude as I might by a potential product defect and I am not particularly interested in doing any modifications or 'work arounds'. I don't know why a vendor wouldn't take every measure to make a 'good' product 'great' and reap the rewards.

I get it, I have a preferred maker I won't name in a competing vendor's thread, but who's product quality and customer service seems top notch, but so far they refuse to make the LX pattern because they said nobody is asking for it so would be too costly to make two patterns. I don't get that, seems like a small time investment to simply trace some leather panels, but oh well.

Wanna start a leather shop with me? lol

This is a tough crowd!

I'm sure the upholstery shops don't even flinch with the clip having to be changed out and don't say Boo about it. But for a DIY job it's a somewhat expensive PITA proposition. You gotta find someone with a sewing machine that can do this and will niggle around with a piddly job that the guy wanting the job done doesn't want to pay much to "correct" the seat covers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom