Replacement gas lift struts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So the gas struts for my Leer camper shell is leaking and they are struggling to hold up the rest hatch. I tried entering the numbers printed on the strut on Google to find replacement but having difficulties finding replacement. Any recommendation on where I can find equivalent replacement? What are the key dimensions that I should pay attention to beside extended/collapse lengths, lift poundage and the size of the ball joints? I attached a few images of strut that I'm trying to replace.

PXL_20201225_015517548.jpg

PXL_20201225_015537504.jpg

PXL_20201225_015404653.jpg

These were good replacements for the leer on my 2000 tacoma. They have a bit more pressure than the originals, but thats what I was looking for. I matched them up by extended/collapsed length

Amazon product ASIN B0018ICAMO

Bought some for the rear hatch on my 80 series years ago from these guys

I didn't know napa has them, I'll try them out. If not, I'll either try Amazon or lift strut website. Thanks for the suggestions.

I didn't know napa has them, I'll try them out. If not, I'll either try Amazon or lift strut website. Thanks for the suggestions.
Yup! Napa surprises me with what they carry. I’ve gotten a bunch of random struts for boat hatches over the years. Worth a call at least if you need them sooner than Amazon, I've been hit or miss with delivery times these days

I almost always find the best price for things like this at Rock Auto.

Yup! Napa surprises me with what they carry. I’ve gotten a bunch of random struts for boat hatches over the years. Worth a call at least if you need them sooner than Amazon, I've been hit or miss with delivery times these days

Think the best one for Amazon is a Rockford Fosgate sub woofer I ordered a week ago Monday. Was suppose to arrive Sunday thru Ontrac. Keeps saying it's delayed. Now says I can get a refund. Look at the details and says still waiting to pick of item. That may be because FedEx delivered it a week ago Tuesday, less than twenty-four hours of buying it. This was a item not carried by Amazon just bought thru them. Nothing I ordered lately had to do with the holidays but everything has come quickly, if anything earlier than scheduled.

As for struts, bought some off Amazon few years ago for the rear hatch on a FJ62 and hood on 2004 4Runner. Both sets fit and work great. Could replace them multiple times for what Toyota wants. These are so cheap not worth over thinking it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom