Replace Brake Soft Lines (1 Viewer)

Replace Soft Brake Lines As PM?

• No

• Yes

Results are only viewable after voting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What do you guys think about replacing the soft brake lines as PM? They are 20 years old, seem to be holding fine, and have some superficial cracks. I am going to do some brake work and thought now would be the time if I'm going to do it.

Thanks
Russell

The worst penalty for replacing the brake lines is what, $100?

The worst penalty for not replacing the brake lines is death.

That said, mine are factory. :meh:

The worst part of replacing the lines is bleeding the system after. Plan on doing it 4-5 times with a good pressure bleeder, following the FSM guide for which/where/when.

If your just turning the rotors and replacing pads its probably dealers choice. If you are rebuilding/replacing the calipers by all means, do the lines as well. Your bleeding the system any way so go fresh and go factory and you will get another 20+ years.

In Europe they are inspected and any rubber line with a crack has to be replaced. Any metal line with a rust spot also has to be replaced.
For my hj I did it in steps so it involved many times of bleeding so I rather do them all in one weekend and never look at it again.
The rear hard lines were brittle and cracked when bended, the front would bend several times before breaking.

So it is a bit awkward to me many mud members never mention the brake system, I am glad you think about it without a government push.

Here are pictures of my hj and the pressing machine I used, the pictures are repaired the coming weeks:
hj60.freeforums.org • View topic - Brake bleed/LSPV=FIFTH BLEEDER/12x 1.25 helicoil

file.php

I used copper and that is not good :hmm: because it seems copper can not handle vibration but it all works fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom